Pope John Paul II, performing miracles after death..

CTID1988

He is to become a saint after performing 2 miracles, one of which after he died....

Its all well and good laughing at it, but does it not worry people that in the year 2013 people still believe this shite, especially with people as powerful and influential as the fellas in the Vatican pushing it? Its honestly baffles me.
How can these people not look at themselves and realise they are talking absolute guff.

The bit i dont understand is "For a healing to be officially certified as a miracle, the occurrence must be permanent, instantaneous and have no scientific explanation" ... Would that not rule out them all then as they are all made up bollocks?

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/story/1110665/pope-john-paul-ii-to-become-a-saint" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/story/1110665/pope- ... me-a-saint</a>

The late John Paul II is to be honoured with a sainthood after performing two confirmed miracles - despite them both taking place after he had died.

This latest miracle has only just been confirmed by the Vatican congregation in charge of examining candidates for sainthoods, and now all that is needed for the sainthood to be confirmed is a papal signature.

It is expected that the canonisation of the former pope will take place in December this year.

All of the details regarding the latest miracle have not been released by the Vatican. However, they have disclosed that it was the healing of a woman that took place on the same day that John Paul II was beatified on May 1, 2011.

Vatican sources have said that the miracle would "amaze the world", according to a report by Italian news agency Ansa.

The first miracle was the healing of a French nun, named Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, in 2005. She recovered from Parkinson's Disease after praying to the late pope.

It has been suggested that Sister Marie did not actually have Parkinson's Disease, as it would have required a medical autopsy to validate the claim.

She met reporters and in response to the dispute said: "I was sick and now I am cured. I am cured, but it is up to the church to say whether it was a miracle or not."

There was also talk of Sister Marie going into relapse, which would have thrown John Paul II's sainthood into disrepute, but the Episcopal Conference of France claimed that this was nothing more than a rumour.

For a healing to be officially certified as a miracle, the occurrence must be permanent, instantaneous and have no scientific explanation.

Over his 27-year papacy, the former pope was extremely popular. Some of his followers had been calling for a sainthood since his death in 2005, with many mourners shouting "Santo subito!" ("Sainthood now!") at his funeral service.

The Vatican is now waiting for a written decree, signed by Pope Francis, to confirm John Paul II's canonisation. Only then will an official sainthood date be released.

CTID1988 said:
He is to become a saint after performing 2 miracles, one of which after he died....

Its all well and good laughing at it, but does it not worry people that in the year 2013 people still believe this shite, especially with people as powerful and influential as the fellas in the Vatican pushing it? Its honestly baffles me.
How can these people not look at themselves and realise they are talking absolute guff.

The bit i dont understand is "For a healing to be officially certified as a miracle, the occurrence must be permanent, instantaneous and have no scientific explanation" ... Would that not rule out them all then as they are all made up bollocks?

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/story/1110665/pope-john-paul-ii-to-become-a-saint" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/story/1110665/pope- ... me-a-saint</a>

The late John Paul II is to be honoured with a sainthood after performing two confirmed miracles - despite them both taking place after he had died.

This latest miracle has only just been confirmed by the Vatican congregation in charge of examining candidates for sainthoods, and now all that is needed for the sainthood to be confirmed is a papal signature.

It is expected that the canonisation of the former pope will take place in December this year.

All of the details regarding the latest miracle have not been released by the Vatican. However, they have disclosed that it was the healing of a woman that took place on the same day that John Paul II was beatified on May 1, 2011.

Vatican sources have said that the miracle would "amaze the world", according to a report by Italian news agency Ansa.

The first miracle was the healing of a French nun, named Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, in 2005. She recovered from Parkinson's Disease after praying to the late pope.

It has been suggested that Sister Marie did not actually have Parkinson's Disease, as it would have required a medical autopsy to validate the claim.

She met reporters and in response to the dispute said: "I was sick and now I am cured. I am cured, but it is up to the church to say whether it was a miracle or not."

There was also talk of Sister Marie going into relapse, which would have thrown John Paul II's sainthood into disrepute, but the Episcopal Conference of France claimed that this was nothing more than a rumour.

For a healing to be officially certified as a miracle, the occurrence must be permanent, instantaneous and have no scientific explanation.

Over his 27-year papacy, the former pope was extremely popular. Some of his followers had been calling for a sainthood since his death in 2005, with many mourners shouting "Santo subito!" ("Sainthood now!") at his funeral service.

The Vatican is now waiting for a written decree, signed by Pope Francis, to confirm John Paul II's canonisation. Only then will an official sainthood date be released.

There's your scientific explanation!

old nun felt a bit poorly, prayed to pope, felt better again...

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt towards the end of his life he was capable of remembering his own name, never mind performing a "miracle".

It's peoples beliefs and faith and if it helps them live their lives then let them get on with it.

There are lots of people on here who's days are made or broken owing to a football result. This shouldn't really be the case, but it is. Pretty much the same thing in that something which doesn't technically affect your life, does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.