Poppy artist receives death threats

W12

Wonder who would do this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31477733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31477733</a>

Tower of London poppies: Artist Paul Cummins 'received death threats'

Poppy display wins the hearts of millions Watch
Nation falls silent in remembrance
Cameron visits Tower poppies Watch
The artist behind the Tower of London poppy exhibition received death threats, he has revealed.

Paul Cummins received threats by email, phone and letter over plans for services charities to benefit from the £10m raised, he told the Sunday Times.

The Derbyshire artist said he believed it was because some people felt the charities were "involved in war".

Blood Swept Lands And Seas Of Red saw 888,246 ceramic poppies "planted" in the moat.

The last poppy was planted by cadet Harry Hayes, 13, from Reading Blue Coat School
Each poppy represented one British or colonial military death during World War One.

The installation culminated on Armistice Day when the final poppy was planted by 13-year old cadet Harry Hayes from Berkshire, before the guns were fired 21 times and a two-minute silence was observed.

Mr Cummins said: "The threats came, I suppose, because they felt that the money was going to charities which in some way were involved in war."

He added that police had been called in over the matter.

The poppies were individually hand-made in Derby
It is thought about five million people visited Blood-Swept Lands and Seas of Red, the title of which was inspired by a line from the will of a Derbyshire serviceman who died in Flanders.

He had described "the blood-swept lands and seas of red, where angels fear to tread".

The following day a team of 8,000 volunteers started removing the poppies and sending them to the 888,246 people who bought them for £25 each.

The net proceeds plus 10% of every sale generated the £10m being shared between Help for Heroes, the Royal British Legion, Combat Stress, Cobseo, Coming Home and SSAFA.

Mr Cummins also told the paper he was working on a new British-based project involving ceramic tulips, although the location is yet to be disclosed.

He added that he had had offers to work on projects elsewhere in Europe as well as another "distant part of the world".

World War One Centenary

Lancet Fluke said:
W12 said:

Ardwickblue?

I worked for a well know charity for young people for over 10 years mate, with them over the years I have literally done thousands of fund raising events raising £100,000's for other charities and good causes, many relating to the Armed Forces.

I have participated in 100's of community projects in Manchester alongside charities like Groundwork to benefit some of the worse communities in Manchester.

I have volunteered 1000's of hours of my own time working on Youth Offending Mentoring programmes, basic skills tuition courses and everything from giving out condoms to sex workers on a van at night to preparing and serving food to homeless people and everything in between.

ArdwickBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
W12 said:

Ardwickblue?

I worked for a well know charity for young people for over 10 years mate, with them over the years I have literally done thousands of fund raising events raising £100,000's for other charities and good causes, many relating to the Armed Forces.

I have participated in 100's of community projects in Manchester alongside charities like Groundwork to benefit some of the worse communities in Manchester.

I have volunteered 1000's of hours of my own time working on Youth Offending Mentoring programmes, basic skills tuition courses and everything from giving out condoms to sex workers on a van at night to preparing and serving food to homeless people and everything in between.

Wadda guy.

Is he sure he didn't receive them because he's a ginger?

Just saying...

Lancet Fluke said:
ArdwickBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Ardwickblue?

Wadda guy.

And you? Have you ever volunteered or done anything good for your community?

Ever raised any money for charities? Such as the Armed Forces?

Have you fuck, I'd be suprised if you even hold down a long term job.

Carry on playing up to the likeminded crowd on here.

ArdwickBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
W12 said:

Ardwickblue?

Good stuff mate, I admire people like you :)

ArdwickBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
W12 said:

Ardwickblue?

Did you used to host a tv show called Jim'll Fix it?

ArdwickBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
ArdwickBlue said:

Wadda guy.

And you? Have you ever volunteered or done anything good for your community?

Ever raised any money for charities? Such as the Armed Forces?

Have you fuck, I'd be suprised if you even hold down a long term job.

Carry on playing up to the likeminded crowd on here.

Those are interesting assertions, what are you basing them on exactly? I particularly enjoyed the "have you fuck" bit, makes it sound like you're stating facts when you're guessing. Please tell me some other things about me seeing as you know so much about me. I am always interested in hearing facts about me from people who know as close to nothing about me as is humanly possible. What I would say is that I definitely won't have done as much for charity as you, after all that would be impossible, what with you being a fucking hero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.