Portland - Maine

vincent

Anyone been? If so how did you find it?

Wanted to visit Maine for some time and contemplating booking a trip with the wife and daughter.

Buy a rifle and get up i to the woods. Gets a little wild and wooly up there mind you

Anyone been? If so how did you find it?

Wanted to visit Maine for some time and contemplating booking a trip with the wife and daughter.
I currently live in Portland.

It’s a great place to visit in summer. Not a bad place to visit in early Autumn. Not worth visiting as a tourist any other time of the year unless you love skiing or snowshoeing.

But I don’t think it is a destination, more a base camp. There is plenty to do in the city to fill a day or two, but you will really want to get down to Boston (which I also lived in for a few years before moving here), up to Acadia, and even further up to Montreal/Quebec City, whilst you are here.

Happy to offer any other advice if you have any specific questions.

I currently live in Portland.

It’s a great place to visit in summer. Not a bad place to visit in early Autumn. Not worth visiting as a tourist any other time of the year unless you love skiing or snowshoeing.

But I don’t think it is a destination, more a base camp. There is plenty to do in the city to fill a day or two, but you will really want to get down to Boston (which I also lived in for a few years before moving here), up to Acadia, and even further up to Montreal/Quebec City, whilst you are here.

Happy to offer any other advice if you have any specific questions.

Many thanks for you comments. I would probably look at visiting Bar Harbour, Camden and Belfast too. Also looked at heading over to Vermont. Love New England and agree about the comments regarding Boston; it’s a great City and my favourite in the US. Thanks again.

I drove up from Boston last year. Fuck me it was cold!

Lots of lobster and a pretty nice place, didn’t do much in the way of exploring though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.