Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

He rested main players and came up against a cheating 10 man defence. Did you see Saturdays game? Not checked your past comments but that is a very odd/suspicious thing to post as a city fan
No I didn't watch Saturdays game seeing as I'm a City fan for over 50 years.

Think there's a big difference between bottom fodder like Burnley and teams like Spuds and Porto.

The only thing that's odd/suspicious is my user name.

Fail to get your point.

We aren't scoring goals and Pep said we need to change cant say I saw much change tonight.

Did you ?

I don’t know what people expected. They are a very physical team with a psycho manager. They are also a very competent defensive team. That was pretty much our second team with The exception of three.
We bossed them from first to last and but for an amazing goalkeeping performance and a referee intent on stopping us one way or another, we would have won comfortably.

Hats off to Pep and the players.

Job done but typical CL Officiating. Non penalty (we really need to appeal much louder and better) and how they only had 1 booking is laughable. Pathetic officiating as per usual, seems their manager moaning got to him.
But 1/2 a team out and job done, but going forward we still look poor and a new world class striker needed
Would love a new Aguero, but until then, in games like this I’d like to see either Jesus or Torres play as a centre forward and Foden drop in the hole looking for the spaces between the CB’s a bit more like Silva used to. He has the close control and can turn in a tight space.
Also, he has a shot on him, so what he lacks in Silva-esque know how and touch, he would add as individual goal threat.

I thought our full backs were terrible going forward today, but in general our defence has looked far more solid and when Fern is fit I think Pep needs to let him do the DM role on his own. No need for two. Put Kev or Bernardo in there with Phil.

I think the two main replacements needed are Fern and Sergio. They were both supreme at what they did and tbh, so far Rodri hasn’t shown he has the speed of thought as well as body, that Fern has.
I would have trusted Gundo far more further forward but at this stage he just is not mobile or fast enough.
Play players who have the energy to cover the ground and put pressure on the opponent’s defence, like Foden Bernardo Torres Jesus even ahead of Sterling who isn’t showing the desire to do the work, or Mahrez who will give you one worldly against Burnley and then hide, work shy when you really need graft.

No mate as has been proven he came back and received the ball in an offside position.Its not too difficult to understand but you`re making a very good go of it.
Offside when you receive the ball? What the hell are you on about? Is it that difficult to understand?

But why? If Pep wasn’t so adamant that we need 5 subs to protect the players then I wouldnt give a shit but you can’t cry about a lack of subs then make fucking 1 when you have been allowed 5
I understand what you are saying, but that was not exactly a 100 mph contest where all our players would be fucked for the weekend. I reckon there will be about 4/5 changes against Fulham because some of our players were rested/used minimally tonight.
The only problem that I could see was that dirtbag who tried to fuck Foden twice in the last 10 minutes, and he didn't get a yellow even though he should have walked (imho). We'll see if Foden's fit at weekend.

Finished top of the table, got some minutes under the belt for players coming back from injury and managed to give a few that needed it a proper rest.

It was a boring game but meh, job done and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.