Porto (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

We’d be looking for double that mate and I’d take it.

I think he tries his best but for 18 months haven’t been able to work out how he contributes to our performances.

He’ll play crap for 80mins and get a tap-in or assist and then justifies starting the next game. We need him attacking full backs at every opportunity and either beating them or winning free kicks. Too many times he takes the easy option and passes backwards/inside after slowing an attack down.
Yep, spot on mate.

FYI, we dominated against the Portuguese Champions and #1 seed, have gone through as #1 in the Group Stage with a game to spare, and their keeper made about 4 dead cert goal saves.

At least half the team got a rest, this weekend should also allow for some rest, next week’s CL game is a dead rubber and then the starting line-up will have had the most rest they’ve had all season for the Derby and the busy Christmas season!

No complaints. A few lads put in good performances, defence looked pretty solid, Sterling struggling a bit, Torres doesn’t look out of place through the middle, back up FBs got a game, Ferna got 90mins in his legs, Foden was excellent and busy, while Bernardo had his best game for awhile.

All in all, a good Tuesday night game and an extra day to recover.
Their GK is exceptional - albeit he got lucky with the overhead kick.

I agree with most of what you’re saying but like you say job done. Most important thing tonight was resting key players and getting a result that we needed.
Aye, I don't mean to be cynical. I don't think this was our strongest team, and it played out like two teams who needed a draw for different reasons. We've come a long way from the city side that used to struggle with the first round of the CL! Fair play to the lads doing it, but we look like a different team when we have a striker on the pitch (shockingly). Hopefully get a goal scoring grove going again on Saturday in time for the derby!

Positives tonight, Top of the group with a game to spare, 90 mins for Fernandinho, another clean sheet but the biggest was Bernados performance, he looked like the Bernado from his 1st 2 seasons, will be massive for us if he can recapture that form for us.

Positives tonight, Top of the group with a game to spare, 90 mins for Fernandinho, another clean sheet but the biggest was Bernados performance, he looked like the Bernado from his 1st 2 seasons, will be massive for us if he can recapture that form for us.
Two games where he had a decent performance were all without KDB in the field and in the free role.

No need to make/risk any further. The fringe players did a job and the main players got a decent rest. Absolutely spot on by Pep.
Yep, Foden got two real bad challenges late on... he's 20 and rolled with them.
So picture this, Pep brings on KdB for the last 15 minutes then that Zanussi (plays with as much skill as a fucking fridge) fucker boots him out for the season (and doesn't even get a caution). How would this forum react to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.