Porto (A) - CL | Pre-Match Thread

Porto (A) Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too bothered finishing 1st or 2nd. I want us to play the oversees big guns. No more the likes of Monaco or Lyon or Spurs or Liverpool.

Probably not. As the groups stand, if we topped our group we could face either Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Ajax, Sevilla, Lazio, Juventus or PSG in the next round.

If we finished second, we could face either Bayern, Borussia Monchengladbach, Dortmund or Barcelona in the last 16.

Obviously things can still change, but doesn't seem to be a huge advantage to topping the group.
Maybe nothing but pride in it but, in the world of Pep, there’s a lot to be said for momentum. He’ll want to top the group for sure.

Still struggling to muster up any enthusiasm for this season, genuinely didn't know we were playing tonight until I saw this thread.

Anyway id take a boring 0-0 which sees us top the group I think

He's shite though. Him playing is an advantage for us.
Agreed he's slowed down and is indeed now shite... but that doesn't stop him kicking the flying fuck out of any of our players who go near him, I'm sure that Jesus, Sterling and Torres (or anyone that ventures into their penalty area) will have been pre-warned about the dirty twat. On the other hand, the rest of their team will all be rolling around all match if our boys give them as much as a sideways glance.
Hopefully, our training for this match included tutorials of doing Jack Squealish/Mo Salad impressions to perfect the triple pike and twist manouevre (with the mandatory mega-squawk so the officials can't miss it) should Pepe come near enough. I won't hold my breath though.

My team:

..................................Ederson..............................

Cancelo........Stones...................Ake..............Mendy

....................................Doyle...........................
..........Bernado....................................Foden.......

.......Sterling...................Jesus..................Torres.

Come on blues! I'd like to see us play Tommy Doyle in this game, probably giving Rodri a rest. Other than that, the same team that played Burnley.

Tuesday 1st December

Porto v
Manchester City

Kickoff: 8:00pm (UK)
Estádio do Dragão, Porto, Portugal

Live TV: BT Sport (UK)

Referee: Björn Kuipers
Assistants: Sander van Roekel, Erwin E. J. Zeinstra
Fourth Official: Lawrence Visser
VAR: Pol van Boekel
Assistant VAR: Rob Dieperink

Rotate - Rest - Go again ... back to the normal 8pm kickoff time as well.

Use the five subs, a point away secures the top spot in the group we have already qualified from.

Then we go again on Saturday against Fulham, another Saturday 3pm kickoff rarity for us ...

Match officials updated in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.