Portugal v England Women

Nothing against women playing football, it's a great sport for all. But can we stop putting them in every football programme on tv. It's a very poor standard at best compared to the Premier League but yet the 'STAR' players are asked for their views on the Premier League on MOTD and Sky Sports. When was the last time you saw a experts view given by a player from Cheltenham Town or Oldham Athletic? And I'd argue they are a better standard.

Womens view on mens football is just tv employees trying to gain pc points above quality standards.

Women should be able to enjoy football at all levels, but the highest level of football at the moment should be men only. Before you blast me to pieces, tell me the best ever women footballer, and at what level she would fit into the mens game. When you've done that, tell me why the midfielder in that team never gets invited onto MOTD.

Like I said at the start, I'm not against women enjoying football, it's a sport for all. But just don't force it on me for your pc reputation and promotion at work

Womens football is good to watch up to a point. They are just not very good at putting the ball in the net.

As for the England team well Phil Chuckle has made a right cobblers of that job, they have gone backwards. Who in their right mind would play the best attacking fullback in the womens game in midfield?

11 individuals, managed a flukey win via a mis-hit cross, and then to hear a glib summary that "we played how we wanted to play" is a warning that the future is grim with this manager. But not a surprise to quite a few of us.

Like many of us care.

Not on a main (BBC) terrestrial channel, please.

Like Flyer said above, it's as relevant as Oldham Athletic, only not as good.

Nothing against women playing football, it's a great sport for all. But can we stop putting them in every football programme on tv. It's a very poor standard at best compared to the Premier League but yet the 'STAR' players are asked for their views on the Premier League on MOTD and Sky Sports. When was the last time you saw a experts view given by a player from Cheltenham Town or Oldham Athletic? And I'd argue they are a better standard.

Womens view on mens football is just tv employees trying to gain pc points above quality standards.

Women should be able to enjoy football at all levels, but the highest level of football at the moment should be men only. Before you blast me to pieces, tell me the best ever women footballer, and at what level she would fit into the mens game. When you've done that, tell me why the midfielder in that team never gets invited onto MOTD.

Like I said at the start, I'm not against women enjoying football, it's a sport for all. But just don't force it on me for your pc reputation and promotion at work
I agree with most of what you say but regards the commenting on the men's game, there are a lot of men who played at the very highest standard who talk absolute bollocks about it. I don't think it makes any difference what standard you played at when commentating on the game. Hoddle, Francis, McPointy, need I go on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.