Portugal vs France - Euro 2016: Final - 10/07/16

MCFC1993

ee86bc46bc.png

20:00 Kick off time (UK). Match takes place at the Stade de France, Paris.

Coverage begins at 19:00 on BBC1 and ITV1. So you get to choose between 2 sets of twats for this one. Probably be BBC for me because I assume that twat, Hoddle, will be commentating on ITV.

So the Final is here, some will miss the regular football, some will be glad we can get back to transfer season and some can’t wait for club football to begin because the standard has been poorer; personally I’m a mix of all 3. Not much to say on these two teams that you haven’t already seen. Don’t personally think either side is in the top 2 sides in Europe, definitely not Portugal anyway. However, things went right for both sides in the draw and on the night.

Portugal go into this having finally won a game in 90 minutes, only took till the semi-final to do so. Star player in this tournament for them is probably Nani, seems to have been involved in almost everything they’ve done. Ronaldo has been involved to an extent and Renato Sanches has impressed for a youngster. They were easily better than Wales in the semi-final but it was a poor game.

Portugal’s goal scorers: Nani (3), Ronaldo (3), Quaresma (1), Renato Sanches (1)

Portugal’s progress:
ee86d46d33.png

France on the other hand seem to have got better and clicked as the tournament has gone on. They were 2nd best for large periods of the match against Germany but they put the ball in the net when it mattered. Griezmann has been their superstar in this tournament, he has scored double the amount of anyone else and is a shoe in (probably both shoes) for the golden boot; if any French player is ‘worth’ £100m it’s probably him. From a City perspective Sagna has been solid and arguably the best right back in this tournament.

France’s goal scorers: Griezmann (6), Payet (3), Giroud (3), Pogba (1)

France’s progress:
ee86c5a608.png

Portugal have never won a major trophy and France have won every major tournament they’ve hosted. Is that set to continue or be broken?

I think most neutrals will be rooting for France, not hard to see why. Portugal are just jammy bastards though, I can see this going to penalties. I want France to win but I think they’ll draw 1-1 and Portugal will win on penalties…hope I’m wrong.

As I've said in another thread. If The thin pat butcher is ruled out before the final I'm calling shenanigans. Twattini may not be head of UEFA anymore,yet his influence is still there.

Cheers to @MCFC1993 for the nice detailed easy on the eye match threads/info graphics throughout the tournament.

Like you @MCFC1993 i am a mix of all three and after the russian mma/putin mob all the excitement went with it. Who wants to see an Irish fella fix a car tire when you can watch 15 russians jump on fat dave from accounts whilst wearing lime green stripey shorts and a trilby :-D
Nah it has generally been boring but i imagine the fact pep has arrived has influenced my dispassionateness for the euro's

I would rather headbutt and wrecking ball then either of these win but as I dispise Ronaldo and hated 3rd place table qualifying which is how they even continued in the comp Portugal will win the bunch of fucking cunts

I have no particular dislike for the French but I do have a very strong dislike for a certain Portuguese player so I'll be belting out the Marseillaise on Sunday. ;-)

I have no particular dislike for the French but I do have a very strong dislike for a certain Portuguese player so I'll be belting out the Marseillaise on Sunday. ;-)

My dislike for Ronaldo is slightly diluted by a similar dislike for Evra, and the media's sycophantic obsession with Thierry Henry
However, the French have been going through a bad time, and Sagna and Mangala play for City.
No contest, on reflection.

Twattenberg has got the final. Does that make him the best ref in the world according to UEFA?

He'll look like an old man drained from powerwanking Sunday night.

Cheers to @MCFC1993 for the nice detailed easy on the eye match threads/info graphics throughout the tournament.

Like you @MCFC1993 i am a mix of all three and after the russian mma/putin mob all the excitement went with it. Who wants to see an Irish fella fix a car tire when you can watch 15 russians jump on fat dave from accounts whilst wearing lime green stripey shorts and a trilby :-D
Nah it has generally been boring but i imagine the fact pep has arrived has influenced my dispassionateness for the euro's

Cheers mate. To be fair watching those Russian ultra's beat up fat Dave from accounts who fancied a go at hooliganism, would have made for better viewing than quite a few of the matches!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.