Positional sense and the mind of Guardiola.

Wouldn’t like to be stuck in a lift with that chap. Much of what he says, outside the dross, is correct. However I would suggest that Marti Perenau is much more worthy. In Pep the Evolution he says that it takes much longer to adapt to Pep than say Conte who’s approach is less complex( as does this article). However the article doesn’t make any allowances fir this, judging by the last few weeks he may need a rewrite. Btw Colin what are you doing posting at that time of night?

One thing that struck me after Saturday’s game was the number of phrases adopted by pundits, that you would normally associate with Rugby Union, and the All Blacks in particular.

“Drifting into pockets of space to change the angle of attack”

“Fluid Interchange of movement to create 2 v 1 overlaps”

These really are interesting times watching our Manager educate the football world.

Not gonna lie, I gave up at "tabula rasa"(and yes, I know what it means). Pretentious is an understatement.

One of the most interesting thing in that article, and something I am only just now realising had a big impact on us was losing DeBryune after the swans game, we lost our mojo then, and I thought it was losing Kompany that killed us

It got my goat when he started talking about the crude flowing under Abu Dhabi.

To then eat a dictionary & quote every superlative from a theasuarus to describe a football season was OTT IMHO.

However, the author must have time on his hands to write such a long-winded piece.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.