Positional sense and the mind of Guardiola.

An inaccuracy or two aside, I thought it was an excellently insightful read from a perspective that is almost completely unfamiliar within the game (a philosopher of conscious thought and metaphysics). Not to be unexpected with an author who has a PhD in such a field and is clearly only writing this piece as a one off exercise in creativity within an area of presumably multiple passionate interests.

I'm always one who appreciates when somebody with an intellectual background outside of football wades in with an opinion on the game. It's unusual that it's come from THIS background; traditionally I've found it to be restricted to statisticians and historians. I treat it as a privilege as a City fan that it's Guardiola ahead of other managers to merit this sort of attention.

As for the excessively convoluted language, a lot of you are exposing yourselves as real philosophical Philistines ;)

Could well have been written by one of the many tactical ballbags on here who have time to kill until the next transfer window opens.

I woke this morning at 330 and I worked hard outside until 2pm, I get home make coffee and sit in my favourite chair reading blue moon,i nodded off maybe ten times reading that,what a load of wiffle waffle,however a very good read especially the bits I could understand and re read :).

Awesome thanks for posting. Interesting about the 35 minute theory!
I tried to read the article the other day, couldn't even get through it because it was written in such a ridiculous way. But I did read that bit because of your post and I spent two thirds of the match on Tuesday thinking there may be more than just a hint of truth in it. We were fabulous for 35 mins then pretty much completely stopped playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.