Positional sense and the mind of Guardiola.

I was interested in that article, and I'm sure the rest of it is equally interesting as the bit I read, but I got to the line about 'half the whatnot of Tonga'. Can anyone write an article about City without comparing the money spent to some other wholly irrelevant total? Mention the amount of money, compare it to what others are spending but to come up with the fact that it equates to half of someone's GDP is critical, sneering and tedious!

I tried to read the article the other day, couldn't even get through it because it was written in such a ridiculous way. But I did read that bit because of your post and I spent two thirds of the match on Tuesday thinking there may be more than just a hint of truth in it. We were fabulous for 35 mins then pretty much completely stopped playing.

What's great is that we can also keep high levels of concentration and pressing for over 35 mins when we need to, look at the Chelsea game. I do worry we might burn out of the cause of the season though. I think Pep wants to create the fear factor early on and I imagine we will see more games where we take the gas off the foot if we are 2, 3 up after the first half.

Great to see us scoring and dominating so late in the match today while not quite hitting our best form earlier in the match. I think the 35 minute theory is spot on but it's nice to see that when it doesn't go to plan we can grind out a result and fight for a win. It's something that we haven't seen since a lot of. To be honest even under Mancini if we weren't on form we'd rarely grind out a result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.