Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

Not been in a pub since reopening but I thought they had to do table service and no standing from when they reopened, I know cafes have, I take it that's not the case ? Would have made more sense to stop people wandering around.

All the pubs I have been in do table service but some have the bar screened off and you need to order from the bar (keeping 2 metres from anyone) and the drinks are delivered to your table.

That said, I went in a working man’s club on Saturday and the drinks needed to be laid for and collected at a screened off bar. There were restrictions on the numbers of punters at a table and spacing between them.

i went to a packed pub saturday, the only restrictions in place was you had to enter one door and use another door to exit - other than that, it was exactly the same as before
Don't know if it's Scotland that''s different then, my son wet to the pub before he went back to uni, had to book a table. Because a friend went with them were told they couldn't all go in as there wasn't room at the table, went to another pub but couldn't get in ended up sat outside but still had to track and trace.We are in a small town with only 4 pubs though.

Don't know if it's Scotland that''s different then, my son wet to the pub before he went back to uni, had to book a table. Because a friend went with them were told they couldn't all go in as there wasn't room at the table, went to another pub but couldn't get in ended up sat outside but still had to track and trace.We are in a small town with only 4 pubs though.

All pubs have different restrictions it seems, some have taken this very seriously - which is the right way to go, but will put off more customers, other pubs have very few restrictions in place.

I do think majority places serving food has changed and probably for the future, where we all order off your phones through an app, been to a couple restaurants and you have to scan a barcode on the table to read the Menu on your phone - definitely feels a bit futuristic

All pubs have different restrictions it seems, some have taken this very seriously - which is the right way to go, but will put off more customers, other pubs have very few restrictions in place.

I do think majority places serving food has changed and probably for the future, where we all order off your phones through an app, been to a couple restaurants and you have to scan a barcode on the table to read the Menu on your phone - definitely feels a bit futuristic
Yes, done that in a few cafes and restaurants, don't like it though with the menu through the phone, but most have a disposable paper menu too if preffered. Think things will change for ever though. My coffee shop we've started asking customers to put their own lids on takeaways and a few have said they prefer it. Was listening to somebody about the hospital coffee shops saying staff should never have been touching and putting lids on peoples cups in the first place.

This is a novel therapeutic I hadn’t heard about but has successfully been used in other bacterial infections successfully. Coimbra is Portugals oldest and most prestigious university and has a good track record of scientific innovations that have made it to market.

Pioneering therapy developed in Portugal promises to eliminate virus in seconds- FOTOVID - it involves a process known as photodisinfection – the project aims to eliminate SARS-CoV-2 “right at the main source of entry” into the body: the nasal cavities.

Not an AC expert but what effect does AC or ceiling fans have on mixing exhaled air,?

Does it dilute any potential covid threat or extend or reduce the 2 meter.need for those closest to its source, perhaps both?

Last edited:
Not an AC expert but what effect does AC or ceiling fans have on mixing exhaled air,?

Does it dilute any potential covid threat or extend the 2 meter.need for those closest to its source, perhaps both?

I’m no expert but in the early cases in China, the virus spread by AC in restaurants. The spread of the virus in a restaurant (table by table) was mapped to the flow of air circulation / direction from the AC

I’m no expert but in the early cases in China, the virus spread by AC in restaurants. The spread of the virus in a restaurant (table by table) was mapped to the flow of air circulation / direction from the AC

Another non-expert here but I think it depends on the quality of the AC

O’Leary from RyanAir was on the news a while back talking about this type of concern on aeroplanes. I’m 99% sure he said that aeroplanes use medical grade AC such as the type they use in hospitals so it does recycle dirty air I.e does not spread the virus around

Another non-expert here but I think it depends on the quality of the AC

O’Leary from RyanAir was on the news a while back talking about this type of concern on aeroplanes. I’m 99% sure he said that aeroplanes use medical grade AC such as the type they use in hospitals so it does recycle dirty air I.e does not spread the virus around
When O’Leary gives me back the flight money he owes me I’ll start to trust a word he says....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.