Positives To Take From Today

So you’ve made your mind up and you’re not changing it.
seems fair.
That first touch v Peterborough (don’t laugh) and finish did actually change my mind …. albeit briefly.

I’d offer him to The Geordies and get what we can.

That's silly American twaddle, all very dramatic in the Apollo 13 movie, but a buzzword phrase to disguise the fact they'd already failed. In reality failure must be acknowledged as a real possibility, as it was at the time and then systems put in place to deal with it.

Grown ups minimise the possibility of failure by putting reliable structures in place, but structures cannot last if they discount the possibility of failure, because if you do not accept the possibility of failure, then you have no contingency for when it occurs.
It's not, we are a winning club, yes games will be lost but there are times when losing is not acceptable, like last night, that was a poor defeat, we have scored 5 goals against Madrid and lost FFS.

There's plenty of positives, or at least reasons not to be negative.

There's the obvious one, which is that some of us won't have to spend over £1000 on going to the shithole that is Paris, and risk watching us lose to Liverpool. Plus our players now have to only focus on the league title, which we're just 4 wins maximum from retaining. That will be 4 PL titles in 5 seasons, which is the best united ever did.

And at the end of the day it's just a football game; 22 men kicking a ball around. Last night was disappointing but City (or any team) winning the CL doesn't cure disease, stop war or eliminate poverty.

I don't usually share much personal stuff on here but from a personal perspective, my daughter gave birth to a gorgeous little girl on Saturday and it was very touch-and-go for both mother and baby. The umbilical cord got trapped during the delivery, which led to a sudden loss of oxygen to the baby, meaning an emergency section had to be done within minutes.

Fortunately they saved the baby but in the process my daughter suffered a massive haemorrhage, losing 1.9 litres of blood. That's known as a Class 3 Haemorrhage, and is nearly 40% of your total blood. Fortunately they managed to stop it in time and she survived, but needed a couple of transfusions soon afterwards. The loss of just another pint would probably have been fatal, leaving two little girls without their mum and me without my daughter. Both are back home and seem fine now fortunately. So last night wasn't important for me in the overall scheme of things.

And between September 2017 and summer 2019, I suffered a series of issues that left me unable to work and, as I was freelance, earning no money. I was over £25k in debt at one point but started to get it under control and reduce it about 18 months ago. This morning I paid the last penny of that off and I can't tell you how good that feels.

So remember that, however disappointing last night was, there's worse things that happen in life and City winning or losing doesn't change those, or the blessings you may have.

Have a great day Blues.
Great post

Positives:

We should still win the league if we keep our heads and there is still the possibility that Liverpool will come away with only 2 of the 4 they so desire.

To get to this point without having a striker is remarkable. The team needs pace and I believe Pep and others know that so to whet the appetite next season we could look like this.

Ederson
Walker
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Rodri
Kev
Bernardo or Bellingham if the little fella goes to the sun
Phil
Haaland
Grealish
Alvarez
Palmer
Ake
Zinny
McAtee
Sterling
Gundo
Bazunu
Carson
Delap
Kakay
MBete
New fullback
Defensive midfielder (depending on departures)

23/24 players inc youth and 3 keepers - Obviously there maybe a surprise exit or two but to me this looks like a very attacking, youthful squad and one we should be positive about. Yes I sold Jesus and Mahrez because I think the new arrivals will make them want to go rather than us getting shut.

There's plenty of positives, or at least reasons not to be negative.

There's the obvious one, which is that some of us won't have to spend over £1000 on going to the shithole that is Paris, and risk watching us lose to Liverpool. Plus our players now have to only focus on the league title, which we're just 4 wins maximum from retaining. That will be 4 PL titles in 5 seasons, which is the best united ever did.

And at the end of the day it's just a football game; 22 men kicking a ball around. Last night was disappointing but City (or any team) winning the CL doesn't cure disease, stop war or eliminate poverty.

I don't usually share much personal stuff on here but from a personal perspective, my daughter gave birth to a gorgeous little girl on Saturday and it was very touch-and-go for both mother and baby. The umbilical cord got trapped during the delivery, which led to a sudden loss of oxygen to the baby, meaning an emergency section had to be done within minutes.

Fortunately they saved the baby but in the process my daughter suffered a massive haemorrhage, losing 1.9 litres of blood. That's known as a Class 3 Haemorrhage, and is nearly 40% of your total blood. Fortunately they managed to stop it in time and she survived, but needed a couple of transfusions soon afterwards. The loss of just another pint would probably have been fatal, leaving two little girls without their mum and me without my daughter. Both are back home and seem fine now fortunately. So last night wasn't important for me in the overall scheme of things.

And between September 2017 and summer 2019, I suffered a series of issues that left me unable to work and, as I was freelance, earning no money. I was over £25k in debt at one point but started to get it under control and reduce it about 18 months ago. This morning I paid the last penny of that off and I can't tell you how good that feels.

So remember that, however disappointing last night was, there's worse things that happen in life and City winning or losing doesn't change those, or the blessings you may have.

Have a great day Blues.
They are doing alright now hopefully! It is a really scary thing to go through..

Felt gutted still when I woke up this morning but you can’t win them all and we just didn’t get our luck last night it’s one of them things. Personally the league means more me so let’s get it done and bring it home City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.