Positivity

spacecadet

City unbeaten in 13 Premier League games and two points up on corresponding fixtures of last season. Swapping Soton Home For any of relegated teams of last season.

After 7 games this season and 7 last , we have 15pts compared to 16pts last..
so not too shabby !

Unbeaten at home in I think, 31 games now?

That is amazing!

We have been far from on form and only 1 point benind this stage last season.

Swansea and West Ham up next.

United have already lost twice in the league.

Im more postive than i used to be about Manchester City but i always have nightmares about David Pleat dancing on the pitch at maine road in 1983

funny when we win theres always less positive posts on here and then when we lose theres loads of negative shite.

bluebannana said:
funny when we win theres always less positive posts on here and then when we lose theres loads of negative shite.

I think that's the difference between where we were and where we are.

sky tot said:
so not too shabby !

Sorry to be pedantic, but after 7 games last year we had 19 points from 6 wins (Swansea, Bolton, Spurs, Wigan, Everton and Blackburn and a draw at Fulham,) indeed we won 11 out of first 12, before dropping points again in a draw at Liverpool,

I agree comparing the first 7 games, with the results achieved (loosely speaking with Southampton) we are 2 points up on corresponding results from last season, and also agree "not too shabby"

trublue55 said:
sky tot said:
so not too shabby !

Sorry to be pedantic, but after 7 games last year we had 19 points from 6 wins (Swansea, Bolton, Spurs, Wigan, Everton and Blackburn and a draw at Fulham,) indeed we won 11 out of first 12, before dropping points again in a draw at Liverpool,

I agree comparing the first 7 games, with the results achieved (loosely speaking with Southampton) we are 2 points up on corresponding results from last season, and also agree "not too shabby"
Fair enough

trublue55 said:
sky tot said:
so not too shabby !

I agree, shallow and pedantic.

What I find interesting is that many of the criticisms made of City this season appear to be based on impressions rather than facts. We are not in good form ... our defence is shaky ... our football is not as excitingly destructive as last season and so on. In fact, if we compare the 7 games we have played this season with the same 7 games from last season, we find that not only have we taken 15 points compared to 13 last season, but that this season we have scored 15 goals and conceded 8. If we assume that the game which replaced the Southampton game was our opener against Swansea last season, then we scored 15 in last season's 7 games but conceded 9! Only if we replace Southampton, a promoted club, by Norwich, a promoted club, did we actually score more goals, 16, than this season - but then we conceded an extra goal, to make it 10 we conceded last season. I know the games were played at different stages of the season last year, and that QPR at the Etihad was unlike any other game we have ever played, or will ever play, but only the games against Stoke and Sunderland were played when our form was questionable last season. Maybe we're not in such bad nick after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.