Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

I think a drop off was inevitable. It's only natural that the motivation and intensity wouldn't be the same after the last two incredible seasons.

Add in the new signings adapting to the system and a few players slightly past their best all compounded by key injuries.

Use the rest season to integrate Cancelo and Rodri into the team. Maybe give Bernardo a run in midfield to see if that's his best position.

Get rid of the players who aren't good enough in the summer (Stones, Otamendi etc.) and give Pep the funds he needs to freshen up the squad.

Totally agree, good post.

After the last two seasons I don't care if this season is a washout (in terms of Pep I mean). He's built up enough credit in the bank to last a season without winning a trophy.

I would like to see a few more opportunities for Foden and the two young CBs though. If we're not winning the league this year at least get some experience in the heads of the more promising young lads.

I used to get mad at Pep for losing, especially in Europe, but someone on here pointed out how entitled I was becoming and it made me think again.

Best manager in the league, best in our modern history (followed very closely by Mancini given what he achieved and the circumstances he achieved it in).

Patience, rebuild, storm the castle again over the next couple of years.

Whatever happens we have been blessed since the takeover.

Even Pep is now sounding defeatist in his post match comments, sort of accepting poor performances now but still not criticising. If we win nothing this year, this will be his last season.

utter rubbish. No other manager/team would be as high as we are in the league if they had had as many injuries as we have had (Zinchenko, Rodri) and specifically had lost 3 of their world class players ie Laporte, Kun and Sane. We've also had to fight the powers that be who chose to ban our other world class player - Bernado.

This also has a knock on effect on the rest of the squad who have to play more games.

Try and remember the last 2 seasons.....

After the last two seasons I don't care if this season is a washout (in terms of Pep I mean). He's built up enough credit in the bank to last a season without winning a trophy.

I would like to see a few more opportunities for Foden and the two young CBs though. If we're not winning the league this year at least get some experience in the heads of the more promising young lads.

I used to get mad at Pep for losing, especially in Europe, but someone on here pointed out how entitled I was becoming and it made me think again.

Best manager in the league, best in our modern history (followed very closely by Mancini given what he achieved and the circumstances he achieved it in).

Patience, rebuild, storm the castle again over the next couple of years.

Whatever happens we have been blessed since the takeover.
Aye, I suppose asking for a treble championship winning team was a step too far. Like you say if we can consolidate a top four spot then let's blood some youngsters, I honestly think we have some top talent in the EDS, academy.

Absoloutly fucking yas
Move off the rubbish out of the team ( Bravo ,Otamendi, Mahrez ) , bring fresh power and lets roll again

Yeah yeah yeah, same old bullshit. Your neck must kill from all the nodding.
Fuck me is this a piss tugay forgotten the 100 points the quad every team has a dip and ours is now trust the best manager the world has ever seen or fuck off god knows what you'd be like in the 80s 90s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.