Possible stupid question.

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Looking at the BBC league table, City have played 30 games, yet no other team have played 30 games, City are the only team to have played 30 games, shirley there must be one other, they haven't played it against themselves.....or if I'm having a senior moment here, please explain and forgive......

Looking at the BBC league table, City have played 30 games, yet no other team have played 30 games, City are the only team to have played 30 games, shirley there must be one other, they haven't played it against themselves.....or if I'm having a senior moment here, please explain and forgive......
Teams have also played 27, 28 or 29 games, it all evens out.

Oh wow. You’re having a moment.

Let’s do a mini version with 4 teams:

City vs Arsenal
Utd vs Chelsea
City vs United
City vs Chelsea

City have played 3
Arsenal have played 1
United have played 2
Chelsea have played 2

What you’re seeing in the league is just a slightly more complicated version of that.

Yeah I get that but there must be one other team to have played 30 games...confused.com
Nope, there will be teams on 29 and teams on 27. Once they play their outstanding fixtures everyone will be on either 30 or 28. Simplified but hope that helps.

Yeah I get that but there must be one other team to have played 30 games. There needs to be 2 teams to have played 30 games, no ??..confused.com
Why would they? We have played Southampton and wolves early due to future cup games, Southampton and wolves have only played us early so can't have played 30. No other team have played 2 ahead of schedule.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.