Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Wonderful the boys pulled out all 3 pts, despite a very lackluster showing. Someone earlier in the thread said make Joe vice-captain, good idea and at the least he should be ahead of Kolarov in terms of the armband. Aleks never engages the ref as a captain should, even when Yaya is not running much he at least gives the ref an earful. While I'm whining about Kolarov, can we take him off of set pieces/corners unless he is shooting? De Bruyne had like 1 opportunity at a corner and we scored from it (twice even!!!) I don't think any set piece from Kolarov even touched our players. And yes Fernando brought much more energy and made a few key interceptions, but there is still something seriously amiss in midfield in Europe, just seems like the opponent can just run right through it at will and are in the attacking 3rd with no challenges.

Some very obvious flaws, but I suppose when all 4 of your starting back 4 are out injured you expect to be a bit poorer in defence (would hope not quite as bad as we have been the last couple of matches though..). Today we managed to get the result though, something we didn't manage against Juve or West Ham. 3 points are what matter at the end of the day & if we get 4 or 6 points from Sevilla we should get out the group which now has to be the aim after the first match.

• Hart was immense once again
• Fernando looked good when he was on
• Silva being back is a huge boost for us
• Zabaleta is back
• Aguero looking sharper even with a couple of missed chances, if not for 2 great saves he would have a hat trick

For me Kolarov has to be dropped sooner rather than later, he looks like he doesn't know how to defend, and whilst this isn't a surprise as he's been this way since he's been with us, if he isn't doing anything going forward I would much rather have Sagna/Zabaleta play at LB, as we cannot keep giving teams so many chances like we did today.

Trollyhead
Hows the ball boy training going after West Ham mate?
Have you got them trained for Saturday?

Not read the thread but can I ask?

Is there no goal line technology in the CL?

And if not..why not in the supposed biggest club tournament in the world?

Platini was previously a huge foe of goal line tech, so there is none in UEFA comps, including the Euros. Apparently he changed his mind in 2014, but they still are not implementing until 2016 Euros.

On a another note
Robbie Savage
Ffs he is the ultimate prick of a "pundit"
Get him back on Scd its where he belongs

Not read the thread but can I ask?

Is there no goal line technology in the CL?

And if not..why not in the supposed biggest club tournament in the world?
Fucking scandalous it wasn't given even without goal line technology , there was an official no more than 5 mtrs away stood level with the net.

Disgraceful decision, we would be looking down the barrel if Otimendi hadn't put the rebound in.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck for the competition , it's corrupt.

CITY -First English team to win at Borussia Park. Funny that none of the BT experts mentioned it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.