Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

boro has just shown us what has been staring us in the face for a while. something is so obviously wrong. at times these players, most of whom won a double last year, can't make 3 successful passes together. people say we have been worked out, no, what has happend is we have simply stop doing things right. every defeat, every goal conceded has had nothing to with who we are playing, it'd all been self inflicted. we have been beating ourselves.

For much of the season and the majority of players haven't stepped up to be counted.

I mistakenly thought we were past all that after a piss poor defence of the league first time round.

Transfers,players picked to start and while Officials have an effect, to fall short 5 times at home just isn't good enough.

On paper we're head and shoulders better than Stoke, CSKA, Newcastle and Bro'. Arsenal are a bit closer to us. They're just the home defeats let alone drawing with Burnley etc.

Teams play their cup final against us every week, that's what happens when you win stuff. On the wages being paid the players can't have it every way.

de niro said:
boro has just shown us what has been staring us in the face for a while. something is so obviously wrong. at times these players, most of whom won a double last year, can't make 3 successful passes together. people say we have been worked out, no, what has happend is we have simply stop doing things right. every defeat, every goal conceded has had nothing to with who we are playing, it'd all been self inflicted. we have been beating ourselves.

Started with that sloppy goal conceded at West Brom. Been a shambles ever since.

Players just don't seem to respond well to a setback. Think Moscow away fuck up. It took us about six games to get back on track after that and this looks like a similar run following the Burnley fuck up.

Some of the goals we concede are a joke.

West Brom - Hart Error goal from a corner.
Burnley - half asleep from kick off, offside maybe but another Hart Error for me.
Burnley- goal from a free kick hoof upfield.
Sunderland - free header from a corner
sunderland - stupid Zabaleta lunge. Preventable.
sheff Wed - no error from what I can recall but caught on the break from our own attack.
Everton - goal from a free kick, Hart flapping again. Defense nowhere tone seen.
Arsenal - stupid Kompany challenge preventable penalty.
Arsenal - goal from free kick, Fernando goes missing, rest of defence nowhere to be seen
Boro - Fernando back pass, missed headers, weak keeping. Fernando fuck up while trying to clear.

Error after error and just not good enough by a long stretch.

BluePaddy87 said:
Another point I dont know if its been brought up but the obvious fact we miss toure too much. Was it a good idea to sign bony who will also be leaving every two years to go afcon? Seems like a bad choice in hindsight

Think we will scrape by with Kun and Edin and Jojo and................

BluePaddy87 said:
Yesterday was abismal. Bar the first half attacking was poor second half, passing it to the corner flag every pissing time. Subs were awful. Why take of navas and jovetic who were causing problems for lamps and nando? Anyone disagree with me you are wrong.
Caballero had a shocking game. Thought Boyata was decent and unlucky to not get on score sheet but time will sort that. Midweek trip to play hamburg was stupid .
All in all worst performance ive seen for years.
Wrong about caballero, superb saves by him, one bad kick out was all he did wrong and as for boyata his misses were shocking, free header ffs

Shocking performance, we played with no passion, Kolarov was a disgrace and showed no interest.

Navas just ran down the wing with no intention of crossing the ball, Fernando looked lost.

Hopefully this gives us a kick up the arse in time for the Chelsea game.

The worst part about the defeat was that Middlesbrough deserved the win

Fucking disgusting, i'm not having that, i'm not having that, Fucking bang out of order that, bang out of order.

Not reading through 49 pages so don't no if its been mentioned! A couple of people who sit near my dad at the match won the trip to watch the team v schalke and told him that the team went out and got plastered thursday night without pellers blessing which he was not to pleased about so got them in to train first thing after they arrived back saturday morning! Before I get called a wum or a rag it's just what I've been told!

uwe rosler 28 said:
Not reading through 49 pages so don't no if its been mentioned! A couple of people who sit near my dad at the match won the trip to watch the team v schalke and told him that the team went out and got plastered thursday night without pellers blessing which he was not to pleased about so got them in to train first thing after they arrived back saturday morning! Before I get called a wum or a rag it's just what I've been told!

Most of our players don't even drink.

It was probably squeezing in a behind closed doors friendly against Schalke that cost us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.