Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

Agree on Navas and Aguero. Thought second half Yaya was excellent. Almost everything of merit came through him.

I guess strolling wasn't the right word to use. Offensively he was good but he needs to help the defence whenever the opposition have possession.
Then again he does this most games

Danger of us being found out after just 6 games here. We were neutralised by Palace last week and got lucky, we were neutralised by Juve midweek, offered very little threat and got beat, and we were neutralised relatively easily by West Ham today. Didn't look like winning and got what we deserved. Like last season, we're still relying on individual bits of brilliance to win games when teams are good defensively. Pellegrini got it wrong for the third time in a week. questions will be rightly asked. Apart from Navas, the manager is the weak link in our team.
give over , last 3 games only our finishing has let us down ffs ,

Sterling was not an attacking threat today. Navas can sprint but then freezes in the box. Kolarov reverted back to type of last season. I hope Mangala was subbed due to injury because the goal was not his fault. Aguero needs a goal. KDB good game, but looked less of a threat out wide on the left. Yaya good second half. Bony needs a goal but did not have a bad game.

'I'm going to go through this forum with a fine tooth comb and every fucker who asked if we can go unbeaten through the season or how many games we could go unbeaten for is going to be banned!'

Those blokes on the Blue Moon Podcast should hang themselves, sorry, their heads too. Calling it as 3-0? 3 bloody 0 against a speedy counterattacking team who play better away from home? A side with Payet in it and a manager as wily as Bilic?

That said, KDB's effective enthusiasm and Sagna and Ota's commitment deserved better imo. Demi too.

Couldn't believe the substitution. Think we should have left sterling on and taken Navas or even Aguero off.

Pellers really disappoints me with his substitutions at times. Needs to do much better.

Bonys 30 minute cameo left me speechless. Don't think he touched the ball. Absolutely dire.

Got to disagree with you about Sterling, I thought he was terrible. As for Bony, you are spot on!

Danger of us being found out after just 6 games here. We were neutralised by Palace last week and got lucky, we were neutralised by Juve midweek, offered very little threat and got beat, and we were neutralised relatively easily by West Ham today. Didn't look like winning and got what we deserved. Like last season, we're still relying on individual bits of brilliance to win games when teams are good defensively. Pellegrini got it wrong for the third time in a week. questions will be rightly asked. Apart from Navas, the manager is the weak link in our team.

Neutralised!?!? Seriously??

We had 27 shots!

It was a freak game

Well, I hope that's all our bad luck done for the season because as long as there is a hole in my ass, we quite simply didn't deserve to lose that.

I thought De Bruyne was fucking mint and Otamendi, for a small man, doesn't half win some fucking headers. Thought those 2 were stand out today.

Navas was tearing them a new one and played well up until his delivery, which had me pissing my sides.

Not sure if Mangala took a knock but I think he will struggle to get back in the team now. At fault in some capacity for both goals. Same against Juve for the 2nd, was caught ball watching. It's a shame because he's been making solid progress. However, Nico is just a better defender and that's all there is to it.

Quite a few of our top men are not match fit and I can't think of another team in this division with such rotten luck when it comes to injuries.

Fair play to West Ham, they defended stoutly but I do see some irony in letting Allardyce go to find a manager that plays the West Ham 'way', then pitches up and does pretty much what Sam has made a career out of. Plenty of time wasting and how Adrian wasn't booked will remain a mystery.

Still believe it's our for the taking. We have the power to do it, over a season.

We do need to start games sharper though and play with the same intensity from the start. The only thing stopping us this year will be complacency.

Onwards and upwards blues.

A game we 100% definitely did not deserve to lose.

Far to complacent regarding their very real threat in the first half. Sitting off and letting players run at us. Then defending poorly from a corner.

This has to be eradicated if we want to be a very top team. There is simply no fucking need for it.

Other than that we were utterly dominant and played some brilliant stuff (even without Merlin running things). Our general play was excellent imo.

Finishing let us down (again as per Juve). Aguero is definitely not match sharp but playing him is the only way to re-acquire this so we have to grin and bare it for a while.

Otamendi is absolutely class. He's got the fucking lot and in spades. Great acquisition.

De Bruyne is a 'natural'. His touch is wonderful and his vision is superb. Also takes a mean corner. I love the way he drifts around all over the pitch.

Nice to see Kelechi get more minutes to.

Imo it's been one of those weeks. We'll win many many more than we'll lose if we continue at this standard.

Frustrating result. I was sure we would score again.
Their second goal should never have been. We got a couple bad decisions from the linesman but the referee infuriated me. Their keeper not even yellow carded despite wasting time from the 6th minute. Possibly should have had a penalty (Agüero), couldn't believe only 4 mins was added and the ridiculously soft free kicks for them but not us.
I thought Sterling was playing well. Giving us the speed and width we have needed this season. I don't think Bony did enough today. Nor Navas: some of us interplay was good, he works hard to get into fantastic positions but it's horrible to see him fail to deliver the final ball.
We all hoped to see the fantastic four today, hopefully David will be ok soon. Great goal by Kevin, he is just immensely talented. Mangala injured, not what we need but Demichelis and Otamendi were good.
Well done also to the fans there today. Rather than just being nervously quiet, you really let our team know we wanted more from them.
So many chances, so little luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.