Post-Match Thread: Manchester City v Supersport United

This thread has shown, if nothing else, some "City fans" want Pellegrini to fail to stroke their egos and 'prove' them right in saying that sacking Mancini was wrong.

Fook me! We've been back 6 days,4 training days, 2 days travelling 1/2 way across the globe & it's Pelligrini out! Get a grip! It's more about promoting the brand , whilst gaining some base fitness. Bleeding drama queens!

Blueband Brother said:
Well its good to see the players back on the pitch once again. The manager succeeded in getting 22 players on the pitch after a one week rendezvous to give them exposure to a match situation. Particularly some young EDL players.

I am certain that Pellegrini has taken one or two things out of this game not least the general quality of the EDL players; but I will remain optimistic and say that there is hope for a few of them yet and the manager has at least been seen to explore that angle in the pre -season. But as I've said, the overall aim of this first couple of matches is to give as many players as possible match exposure as part of the objective of building conditioning and fitness for the upcoming season.

My believe is that by the Audi Cup and thereafter, there will be more emphasis on working towards organizing a team for the coming season. So I guess from then we can factor in the result of matches but certainly not at this point in pre season.

Stop being sensible, we surely ave to win every single friendly and every single game, or you cannot possibly p
lease the forum???

Though I've listed the positives and negatives of this match, i don't really see the point in looking too much into it in terms of win-loss etc. Some of the players will be experiencing fatigue from the training sessions and its more or less about getting time into their legs.

waspish said:
NoahCity said:
Poor, was expecting more from Pellegrini.

Yep his plans should be in place now and we should be winning these games comfortably 4-0
we are hardly playing a very good team and lots of players looked so sloppy with their play. Almost no chances created. :(

LoveCity said:
Optimus Prime said:
I'm really disappointed in the impact Pellegrini has had so far - I must say I was expecting a more positive, attacking force, always looking to get forward and create opportunities - in line with the comments he has made so far in his interviews.

The complete lack of any of the above is seriously concerning, and genuinely makes me question whether he cam deliver on what he's promising.

A worrying day for MCFC all round - nothing positive to take from it, and plenty of negatives I'm afraid.

Did we really sack Mancini for this?

Someone will bite...

And they did.

The perfect fumble said:
LoveCity said:
Optimus Prime said:
I'm really disappointed in the impact Pellegrini has had so far - I must say I was expecting a more positive, attacking force, always looking to get forward and create opportunities - in line with the comments he has made so far in his interviews.

The complete lack of any of the above is seriously concerning, and genuinely makes me question whether he cam deliver on what he's promising.

A worrying day for MCFC all round - nothing positive to take from it, and plenty of negatives I'm afraid.

Did we really sack Mancini for this?

Someone will bite...

And they did.

Maybe.

These arguments over pre season have been going on for decades, remember in the old days trooping of to Bury, Oldham Rochdale because bored with close season and just wanted to get the feel of footie, the teams that we play have changed, as well as the locations but because they are on Telly or the Internet you forget what their real purpose is. In the old days we still got beat by what can only be described as pub teams and we used to vow thats it, no more pre season games wait till the real thing starts and even then you have to give it 5 - 10 games. This is not excuse making but the reality of players having had a substantial break with no football, but because we are now involved in these so called friendly tournaments it seems we have to win them at all costs irrespective of half the players probably never going to feature when the real games begin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.