Post Match Thread - United (h)

But champions grind out results. We would clearly be a lot better off were we to have put together finer performances, but having said that, how do you translate a better performance into points. You can be the better team and still lose, you can have greater possession, more shots on target, give teams a statistical battering but you accept that as part of the game. It's the nature of the sport. But when we see how VAR is applied there cannot be a clearer example of sporting theft for some teams or sporting largesse for others - clear, obvious, and, I would suggest, quite deliberate in seeking a specific outcome.
Correct. We do make it easy for them though. We need a leader and quickly. Someone to get at the ref all game.we simply have to take our chances,at 5 nil we give them nowhere to go.

At least we made a decent contribution to the SOS campaign.

After 2 incredible seasons, we have just run out of steam. It has manifested in lots of ways right throughout the club. It happens. It MAY be the beginning of the end of the most successful period in the club’s entire history- hopefully not, but a bit of perspective wouldn’t go amiss on here.
Little Ole made Pep look like a mug yesterday I am afraid.

You're joking with your 'our midfield was overrun' comment. Possession stats don't win games before you say it, but 72 per cent possession and 22 shots is hardly evidence of our midfield being overrun - quite the reverse.

We weren’t over run in midfield, they just completely carved through it at will and looked like scoring with every bloody break, of which there were many! Having watched the match, the stats for yesterday’s game rally don’t count for anything, it pains me to say but we were well beaten and I’m still fuming about it.

@Roachy
And as sure as eggs are eggs you turn up when we get beat.
I've looked at your postings mate and not one post in a post match thread when we win.

Strange that!

All you do is moan, slag players off, slag the team off, criticize the manager, the tactics.
Your name pops up every time we lose or draw.

Just thought I'd point it out as the board is awash with these posters who only post when we lose.
As you were.
There's a hell of a lot of blues on here who believe they have a better idea of who and how to play than Pep. In the stand, there's about ten weasel faced guys around me who might have played Sunday football prattling that 'He needs to do this, he needs to do that, he needs to signs this one or that one, pointing a lot, angry expressions'. I'm sure that some of these guys believe that our players would be blown away by their tactical knowledge. Trouble is, each of the ten guys have totally different ideas. Erm, thanks for your 'expert' opinions lads, but I'd rather have Pep in charge.

We weren’t over run in midfield, they just completely carved through it at will and looked like scoring with every bloody break, of which there were many! Having watched the match, the stats for yesterday’s game rally don’t count for anything, it pains me to say but we were well beaten and I’m still fuming about it.
A decent side would have absolutely slaughtered us yesterday.

44 Prem goals in 16 games - no team can just keep scoring at least 3. Yesterday was one of those games where defenders were sticking out a leg and hoping for the best - and they got their wish. We were taking one touch too many and were vulnerable on the counter - we're vulnerable to every team on the counter - even Norwich. It's nothing to be ashamed of - we had 22 attempts to their 11 and most of our possession at their end. I would be ashamed if we went to the Old Toilet, parked the bus, had 28 per cent possession and had half their attempts.

I understand what you are getting at but we are by far a better side than united and not showing any passion in a derby is unforgivable! Bar Watford and Burnley this year we have been well below par and it is evident that we need an injection if new blood. Foden should be starting now as the league is long gone.

We were never going to win the league this year or be competitive especially if Liverpool was going to accumulate 100 plus points which in all likelihood they will.

We didn't replace our spiritual leader on and off the field and players like Silva , Kun , Ferny are well past their best and finishing up stalwart careers at the club.

Their replacements are wither not presently at the club or unable to play their roles nearly as effectively as they have over the past for a number of years in each case.

Key injuries and the introduction of VAR have not helped our cause so I don't understand the contention we would be real contenders this year unless Liverpool and others dropped off.

We can still make top four and continue our run in the chumps league the longest of any currently playing in the premiership and maybe sneak another domestic cup.

80 points will be a very good outcome for this squad and we obviously need a rebuild , IMO we exceeded expectations in the premiership over the past two years and last years victory achieved in dramatic circumstances have taken their toll.

Note VK and Laporte have played no role this year as such and Vinny obviously has departed and was giving it one last hurrah to get us over the line last year as a reminder of what we would be missing once he decided to go.

Sharp, crisp passing and running / breaking at speed vs passing harmlessly at a pedestrian pace from side to side without hurting a team. No wonder we can say that possession stats don’t always tell a story.

If we had got the penalty and scored first the game may have been different. But on the balance of play, chances created etc, we were second best. They are set up for us. Organised and then hit with pace. Oddly I think we’ll do better at the swamp.

Loosing Kompany should not have been a huge blow, he was a crock for 2 years and that's not meant to slaughter the guy in any way.

He was our captain and leader, BUT we knew his days were numbered for a long time, the same applies to Spanish Dave and will shortly apply to Sergio.

We are utterly complacent in terms of recruitment.

When we went and bought Sergio and Silva we paid top dollar, because we were buying quality, we will have to do the same for there replacements.

Sergio's replacement will cost north of 100m at the very least.

Probably have to spend 350m in the summer for 5 top notch key players if the likes Garcia and Foden and one or two other youngsters are not ready to be first teamers.

Probably have to spend 350m in the summer for 5 top notch key players if the likes Garcia and Foden and one or two other youngsters are not ready to be first teamers.
As long as Pep is here forget the kids.

Agreed on the costs, but it's not like we don't have the cash.

But the next few transfer windows a lot of the major European power houses will be competing with us for the same players, will we pay or blink?>

Let not mess about, ie lets go and get Mpabbe and a world class partner for Laporte.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.