Post Match Thread - United (h)

We don't get out fast enough to close down shots, and our keeper has form this season for getting his feet wrong, fluffing or fumbling shots that come at him from a distance. I don't think he has been terrible, but like many players there is a clear weakness there. Why wouldn't you test that?

No keeper is perfect , LLoris , De Gea , Allison have all made howlers this season , Ederson is an exceptional keeper and has made less mistakes than the keepers mentioned , if you know a keeper that never makes an error in a season give Pep his agents number i am sure he would be interested.

Probably have to spend 350m in the summer for 5 top notch key players if the likes Garcia and Foden and one or two other youngsters are not ready to be first teamers.

does anyone actually really belie Garcia and Foden are ready to take over...as good as they look I dont....if we are going to blood youngsters like those then we are going to have to accept a year or two fighting for top 4 - no way are foden and Garcia as good as prime Kompany and David Silva - they are a million miles apart - in time but it will need a fair bit of time.....and again as I just mentioned about G in another thread, its not just about ability...the extra tiny bit is about mindset....Kompany and David Silva were warriors win lose or draw they wouldnt accept anything less than 100% from themselves. Same with Sergio and I get the feeling KDB and Ferna are the same....but do these young lads have it? For me GJ doesnt at the moment and there is no way of knowing with Foden and Garcia - but we need to start finding out and it might as well be now in this season as we aint got anything to lose now

Well that was a bad night ,should of been worse really aswell if united were more clinical,can remember them having four or five more clear cut chances .
Result wasn’t a fluke ,better team won ,people consoling themselves complaining about var have got there heads in the sand .

I feel like I’ve watched that game several times this season ,we’re just so open , any team who defends well in numbers and breaks fast causes us all sorts of problems, could tell from the first ten minutes we were in trouble.

Rodri looks like a quality player , but that Fernandinho role as a lone pivot may not suit him , he’s asked to cover too much ground on his own and he’s not got the legs for it ,against the better teams we’ll continue to struggle,possibly with a full strength defence behind him he looks better but ,I feel we need another midfielder beside him ,maybe him and Fernandinho as a two.

Not sure Peps gonna change anything at this point though ,these problems been evident for a while ,I’m pretty sure Fernandinho will continue to be played centre half ,Foden probs stay on the bench , don’t mind us having a bad season ,it’s been an amazing couple of years ,but wish pep would show more courage in giving younger players a chance ,let’s blood Foden Garcia harwood bellis and bring a bit of positivity and energy in to the side ,honestly feels boring watching the team this season for me ? Same group of players every week .

every word is spot on...well said!

The first ten minutes was clear to see that they were causing us real problems on the break, He did absolutely nothing tactically to stop that from happening, The spaces between the back four and midfield was outrageous. They were able to cut us open with one pass to completely by pass the midfield and have a run at the back 4.

When you see players with pace running at Angelino and Stones you get worried. Unfortunately they need to be protected with two holding midfield players.

I posted at the beginning of the season that there might be a case in some games to play Fernandinho and Rodri as defensive covers in midfield. The loss of Laporte obviously makes us weaker in the middle but we could have gone with Stones and Ottamendi at CB and these two offering protection in front. Not Pep’s way, of course.

Every fan I spoke to ( sensible fans, not the ones going “ they’re fuckin shit we will batter them ) said they will cause us problems with their pace if we play like we do, I’ve read Peps book and heard these stories about him being meticulous over every aspect yet he did absolutely fuck all to nullify their threat.

you have him as manager and you’ll be happy, attacking lovely football and loads of goals and he’s the best we’ve had but he is fuckin clueless on what to do if plan A fails

I think Peps way of nulifying this type of threat is about ball retention and a very quick press - neither are we doing well at all at the moment and its making our very avergage defence (Though i thought walker did well yesterday) even ore vulnerable.

If the players arent performing there is very little he can do - you look at that bench yesteday and there wasnt anyone to go to......Gundogan imho is the worst of all our midfielders and just passes sideways, Mahrez doesnt have the bollocks for a fight...foden - well everyone rates him but he has only shown glimpses and clearly Pep doesnt thin he is ready

the options at left back are virtually non existent - Mendy is worse than Angelino who looks bang average - neither are premiership quality and I can guarnatee that if we put them up for sale not one premiership club would come in for Mendy (regardless of his injury record)

The fact that Zinchenko nees to be placed back there once he is fit tells you everything....and he is no left back but his use of the ball is considerably better than the other two.

No keeper is perfect , LLoris , De Gea , Allison have all made howlers this season , Ederson is an exceptional keeper and has made less mistakes than the keepers mentioned , if you know a keeper that never makes an error in a season give Pep his agents number i am sure he would be interested.

I love Eddy, and of course all keepers have mistakes in them. But off the top of my head I can name the second Spurs goal, the Southampton goal, the first Liverpool goal, and the second last night as long range efforts he has struggled with this season. Not disasters per se, but his footwork/starting position wasn't great. Like virtually every other player, I think his form has dipped a bit this season. That's all.

I love Eddy, and of course all keepers have mistakes in them. But off the top of my head I can name the second Spurs goal, the Southampton goal, the first Liverpool goal, and the second last night as long range efforts he has struggled with this season. Not disasters per se, but his footwork/starting position wasn't great. Like virtually every other player, I think his form has dipped a bit this season. That's all.

Agree many of our players have dipped this season , but the first Liverpool goal was Bravo , not sure even Eddy could save that from his seat in the stands :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.