Prague

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
Me and the wife are off to Prague for 5 nights a week on Tuesday. Predominantly for the Arctic Monkeys gig on the Thursday but we have 3 full days there to take in the delights of the City.

Anyone have any recommendations from experience?

Things to see
Places to eat
Etc etc

Cheers blues.

Great place. Couldn't tell you any restaurant names but I had a really nice stew served in a hollowed out loaf more than once. The beer is great and there's plenty to try too. I even liked the local spirit (Becherovka)

Went for a long weekend a couple of months ago - great place!
To get a feel for the City try going on a 'free' walking tour around the place.
The tours are free in the sense that at the end they ask you to 'donate' whatever you feel the tour was worth.
You see a lot of things you wouldn't normally see and things are explained to you that you wouldn't normally
have a clue about. The Charles Bridge and the castle are also worth a visit. The Astronomical clock in the
main square is OK but a bit over rated. The beer is cheap and as others have said, it's a great place.

Prague Castle, wencesles Square, Charles Bridge. Take the funicular to the mini eifel Tower
Lots of small bars near Charles Bridge
Just don't eat and drink near the Jewish clock it's mega expensive in that part

Depends what you are in to. The Narodni museum is the former palace I think, and quite spectacular. I quite liked the area and park on the other side of the Charles bridge called kampa I think.

Charles bridge is very popular but we found was quite a task to navigate through the tourists and beggars.

Didn't do a river cruise and kind of wish we had.

I'd suggest to try and eat at least one night somewhere along the river, tends to be a bit more expensive but it's great on a summers evening. We ate at a thai place but can't remember the name, could have been this place https://www.obcanskaplovarna.cz/

Jammy git, the venue looks superb and will be a class gig.

Depends what you are in to. The Narodni museum is the former palace I think, and quite spectacular. I quite liked the area and park on the other side of the Charles bridge called kampa I think.

Charles bridge is very popular but we found was quite a task to navigate through the tourists and beggars.

Didn't do a river cruise and kind of wish we had.

I'd suggest to try and eat at least one night somewhere along the river, tends to be a bit more expensive but it's great on a summers evening. We ate at a thai place but can't remember the name, could have been this place https://www.obcanskaplovarna.cz/
Thanks for the reply. Regarding Charles Bridge. I'm thinking that we'll get up early one morning and go there for photos etc. Probably less beggars and tourists about at say 6:30am. I've also read that the Park you've mentioned is worth a visit.

We're not mad on art or architecture although seeing and taking photo's of nice buildings whilst walking around the City is something we'd do but paying to go into a museum of art or a cathedral we feel is wasted on us. For example, whilst in Moscow a few years back we paid to go into St Basil's cathedral but we got more from just looking at it from the outside.

A decent music museum or anything to do with WW2 would be of interest though, as would any off the beaten track little pubs, bars or restaurants serving Czech food.

I know yeah, can't wait. Brilliant band.
Have a good one pal. Not been Prague in years but there was a superb Argentinian steak house not far from the clock which served all you can eat Steak between two for about £20 a head. No idea if its still there and can't remember which cuts but was superb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.