Prague

If you go in the winter you can go to the ice hockey . It was about £3.00 a ticket in a Soviet style indoor stadium, the atmosphere was fantastic real blood n guts style hockey nothing like NHL stuff. More like being in the Colosseum with the gladiators!!!

Depends what you like. Went with the mrs and kids and had a lovely time. The paddle boats on the river near Charles Bridge were a big hit and there's a cafe/restarant called The Louvre which was lovely, really old-fashioned posh looking with reasonable prices. Also, enjoyed the little beach on the island in the centre of the river. The underground system is really good. Used it to get out to the zoo. If you use the vernacular railway to the mini-eiffel tower thing there's a great view of one of the Prague Teams ground...looks proper old school soviet architecture.

If you go in the winter you can go to the ice hockey . It was about £3.00 a ticket in a Soviet style indoor stadium, the atmosphere was fantastic real blood n guts style hockey nothing like NHL stuff. More like being in the Colosseum with the gladiators!!!
That sounds decent to be fair and right up my street. Going in August though. However, I'm planning on going watching Bohemians Praha whilst there. Wife will love it.

Have a good one pal. Not been Prague in years but there was a superb Argentinian steak house not far from the clock which served all you can eat Steak between two for about £20 a head. No idea if its still there and can't remember which cuts but was superb.

Are you sure it was Argentine?

There's two listed on Google that side of the river, but one is now a pub according to street view.

Definitely not the remaining one "La Casa Argentina" as I went in that one and it wasn't all you can eat and had rude waiters and ipads instead of menus.

There is a Brazilian one near the main square with prices that were about the same as yours with some Brazilian staff. I went in there a couple of times in 2015.

Couldn't remember the name, so not sure if it is the same business but definitely same place.

8 U Radnice

Are you sure it was Argentine?

There's two listed on Google that side of the river, but one is now a pub according to street view.

Definitely not the remaining one "La Casa Argentina" as I went in that one and it wasn't all you can eat and had rude waiters and ipads instead of menus.

There is a Brazilian one near the main square with prices that were about the same as yours with some Brazilian staff. I went in there a couple of times in 2015.

Couldn't remember the name, so not sure if it is the same business but definitely same place.

8 U Radnice

Last time I was there was 2015 mate so quite possibly it's closes. Either way there are lots of decent places to eat. Czech cuisine is nice, not summer food but the dumplings and tender meat are fit. The beer is great and still cheap.

That sounds decent to be fair and right up my street. Going in August though. However, I'm planning on going watching Bohemians Praha whilst there. Wife will love it.
That's my team! They are quite shit though.

So much to see and do and 5 days will barely scratch the surface but PM me if you want any help/advice with anything.

Last time I was there was 2015 mate so quite possibly it's closes. Either way there are lots of decent places to eat. Czech cuisine is nice, not summer food but the dumplings and tender meat are fit. The beer is great and still cheap.

I was there the same year, So looks like it has closed mate. The Brazilian all you can eat is worth a visit though.

I went again in 2018, agree about the beer.

If anyone wants to skip the queues and entrance fee for the main castle there is this place near Prague 4.

Good vantage point for a view of the city and if you walk down the steps at the back it takes you on a nice walk up the side of the river.

If anyone fancies reasonably priced non tourist czech food, there is a decent food hall in the expo/mall opposite the corinthia hotel.

Franz Kafka museum is a nice interactive experience and the surrounding area has a good vibe. Not far from Charles bridge which is a must but it is always busy.

Boat toars available from the old town side of the bridge being sold by blokes dressed as sailors.

You'll love it. Most places to go have been mentioned. Vysehrad is Deffo worth the metro ride. As Knaresborough said, give him a shout if you need anything, he's sound.

I know yeah, can't wait. Brilliant band.
Rumour they might be playing the Etihad next year.

If you are into WW2 history, this may be a good tour for you.

I do a lot of reading on the history of WW2 and one of the major events of WW2 happened in Prague. The assassination of Reinhard Heydrich and the subsequent retribution. The tour covers these events and sites I think by the sounds of it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.