Pre-Season Friendly in Dublin?

Is there a chance city are coming over or is it rumour like only bluemoon can do
As I said earlier in the thread i would be very surprised if they did.
We play Bayern in Miami on the Saturday so earliest fly back is Sunday / land Monday morning.... Would they land in Dublin and stay there or fly to Manchester and then fly to Dublin Wednesday and then fly back to Manchester or straight to London for the Community Shield? Too much messing about I feel. Too much travel in a short time period.
By the time the Miami game comes along some of the world cup players may have only just joined the squad so even more travelling / being away from home will be avoided I feel.

We play Bayern in Miami on the Saturday so earliest fly back is Sunday / land Monday morning.... Would they land in Dublin and stay there or fly to Manchester and then fly to Dublin Wednesday and then fly back to Manchester or straight to London for the Community Shield? Too much messing about I feel. Too much travel in a short time period.
By the time the Miami game comes along some of the world cup players may have only just joined the squad so even more travelling / being away from home will be avoided I feel.
Didn’t we send a ‘B’/‘XI’ team a few years ago?

FYI @Blue Smarties - this was the lineup for our last cup in Dublin in 2011.

Manchester City: Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, Aleksander Kolarov (Karim Rekik 87), Nigel De Jong, Yaya Toure (Denis Suarez 88), David Silva (Gareth Barry 79), James Milner (Adam Johnson 80), Mario Balotelli (Shaun Wright-Phillips 75), Edin Dzeko.
Subs not Used: Stuart Taylor, Dedryck Boyata, Ryan McGivern, John Guidetti, Joan Roman, Luca Scapuzzi, Abdul Razak.

Gunners' fans/message boards are counting it as a fixture of their preseason - though with the caveat of it being 'yet to be confirmed' - so, there's definitely something to it.

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/important-dates-over-the-summer.30968/

That list also shows them playing Chelsea the day before the Community Shield so I think we can take it with a pinch of salt. As others have noted, the number of games in such a short period probably rules it out.

FYI @Blue Smarties - this was the lineup for our last cup in Dublin in 2011.

Manchester City: Joe Hart, Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, Aleksander Kolarov (Karim Rekik 87), Nigel De Jong, Yaya Toure (Denis Suarez 88), David Silva (Gareth Barry 79), James Milner (Adam Johnson 80), Mario Balotelli (Shaun Wright-Phillips 75), Edin Dzeko.
Subs not Used: Stuart Taylor, Dedryck Boyata, Ryan McGivern, John Guidetti, Joan Roman, Luca Scapuzzi, Abdul Razak.

Your list is missing Vieira, perhaps he didn't play but he was definitely there. Balotelli tore Inter to shreds and Silva played a wonder pass to Dzeko that he repeated in a league game later that season.

That was the weekend Aguero signed. We were in the four seasons where the teams were staying and Kun walked by and I was frozen in disbelief that it was actually true.

SWP refused to sign a single shirt that weekend and it was clear he was about to move on.

Wesley Sneijder spent the entire trip trying to convince City to sign him up. I even had photos of him doing it at the time. Spent zero time with Inter and the whole event lobbying City staff and players. Most ITK I ever was until I got some Messi news two years back directly from someone working with him(spoiler, we weren't getting him).

Rounded off the weekend with tea with Brian Kidd who was an absolute gent. A fantastic weekend was had!

You are somewhat off with regards to Miami, my guess is they will fly Saturday night after the game and that would get them back early-midmorning on Sunday I honestly can't see them waiting 24hrs to fly home. The other option would be a day flight on Sunday but that gets them back late Sunday night, having flown thru the day from the east-coast its sure not the option I would choose
The extra day just makes the week like a Champions League away week and as the majority of the world cup players certainly won't see the US it's extremely doable

Last edited:
You are somewhat off with regards to Miami, my guess is they will fly Saturday night after the game and that would get them back early-midmorning on Sunday I honestly can't see them waiting 24hrs to fly home. The other option would be a day flight on Sunday but that gets them back late Sunday night, having flown thru the day from the east-coast its sure not the option I would choose
I suppose I was thinking about them being on a regular flight rather than their own plane, in which case they wouldn't be leaving Saturday night. But yes, if flying our own plane then leaving around midnight and landing 8 / 8 and a half hours later (I flew the other week from Orlando which was 8 hours going) would be around 1pm Sunday afternoon.

We
Played oldham Wolfsburg and limerick all in the space of 5/6 day. Im sure we played Wolfsburg and then played limerick the next day. Iirc there was 2 city sides as such a mixture of both 1st team on youth team players as a lot were coming back from the euros

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.