Pre-Season US Tour

Is that lad we got from PSG going on tour?

He is gone to.

b93208273a185275bd5dee7c7c00c754-full.jpg

Denayer, Hart and Roberts in shop window. Hope they are not a disruptive influence and behave themselves on the tour.

Sure they will but it has the potential.
Can't see any of those sticking a fag butt end (no homophobic pun intended) into an apprentice eyeball.

If I lived in the US I'd be a little disappointed that hardly any of the senior players are in the squad - mostly because most of our players were in the bloody World Cup!!

If I lived in the US I'd be a little disappointed that hardly any of the senior players are in the squad - mostly because most of our players were in the bloody World Cup!!
Me and the lad were going to go down to Soldier Field, but honestly can’t be arsed for the first training session game!

In World Cup years, the major leagues need to start a week or two later, so the top players can have a rest AND a full pre-season. No OFFICIAL LEAGUE GAMES should be played within 6 weeks of the World Cup Final. It only happens once every 4 yrs!

Given the record number of City players in the WC, especially the late rounds, it puts us at a distinct disadvantage in our early games, and we are starting the season AWAY at a Top 6 rival. Those points could be crucial come May 2019, as could any early season injuries from fatigued players pushing to come back early.

Me and the lad were going to go down to Soldier Field, but honestly can’t be arsed for the first training session game!

In World Cup years, the major leagues need to start a week or two later, so the top players can have a rest AND a full pre-season. No OFFICIAL LEAGUE GAMES should be played within 6 weeks of the World Cup Final. It only happens once every 4 yrs!

Given the record number of City players in the WC, especially the late rounds, it puts us at a distinct disadvantage in our early games, and we are starting the season AWAY at a Top 6 rival. Those points could be crucial come May 2019, as could any early season injuries from fatigued players pushing to come back early.

Agreed! It’s like you get punished for having class players!

Really as practice games for match fitness I ****care less who plays in them if some cannot because they are still on holiday, if it was back here I would go watch if the U18 were picked, not having superstars in the team shouldn't matter to you who plays if you watch the blues, still a city team.

The season shouldn't be fucked about with, world cup ends, 2 weeks rest back in training last week of July a couple of friendlys in UK and Europe in August, in WC and EC years bin off poncing off to asia or america on tour imho.

We could afford to miss out on these enhancing exposure to global fanbases every 2 years for the good of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.