Pre-season

For comparison this is Brighton's pre-season schedule

Sat 22nd July- Crawley Town (A) 3pm
Tue 25th July- Southend United (A) 7.45pm
Sat 29th July- Norwich City (A) 3pm
Tue 1st August- Away friendly in Europe
Sun 6th August- Home friendly at the Amex

They have one more game than us but the first two are with respect 'pub games'.
I believe that the friendly home game on 6th August is Atletico Madrid.

I believe that the friendly home game on 6th August is Atletico Madrid.
They'll probably get a full house for that, imagine if we played Atletico at ours we'd be half empty.

Think we should perhaps play lower league clubs away that we do business with eg Norwich/Gunn myself, not that I'd knock a home game.

As am based in Brighton myself local reports are 20 odd thousand tickets sold so far, As you rightly say,they will probably get a full house.

Personally I don't care who we play, where we play or how we play.

As long as we are fit and prepared for the season start that's all that matters to me.

They'll probably get a full house for that, imagine if we played Atletico at ours we'd be half empty.

Think we should perhaps play lower league clubs away that we do business with eg Norwich/Gunn myself, not that I'd knock a home game.
Of course they will, how often do they get the chance to play a club like that? Daft comparison.

We don't seem to value preseason in footballing terms anymore. The club sees it solely as a marketing exercise, and seems to favor three or four high-profile moneymaking games packed into a grueling travel schedule rather than a string of games against a variety of opposition that might, you know, actually help prepare the team for the season? It's bizarre. Can't be good for our chances.
Aren't our title rivals on a pretty similar schedule?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.