Predicted final league table?

Lancet Fluke said:
Oh goody, we've reached the time of year of the predictor threads. I predict that nobody will get all their predictions correct.

I predicted only last week that soon we'll get a prediction thread where everyone predicts what the results of every game in the prem will be for the next three months. It's pretty easy when you think about it!<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:58 pm --<br /><br />
Matty said:
Team P Pts
Chelsea 38 88
Man City 38 87
Liverpool 38 80
Arsenal 38 79
Tottenham 38 78
Everton 38 76
Man Utd 38 69
Southampton 38 54
Newcastle 38 53
Swansea 38 43
Stoke 38 43
Aston Villa 38 41
West Ham 38 38
Sunderland 38 38
Hull 38 33
Norwich 38 32
West Brom 38 31
Crystal Palace 38 31
Cardiff 38 31
Fulham 38 30

can't believe 5 clubs will not reach "the magical 40 points mark" and stay up......"amazing Jeff!"

My prediction, for what it is worth, is that Liverpool will bindip the title from our back pocket unless we depart both Europe and the FA Cup.

There is no doubt about it, that timing is everything, and they have the momentum. They have benefitted greatly from no european commitments and going out early from the Capital One.

I feel over the next month Arsenal will drift away and that Chelsea will get too enthralled in the Champions League to concentrate on their League form.

Yes, we could win our last 13 league games, including the trip to Liverpool, if that was our only priority. I just feel that any potential 6th round FA Cup commitment or even a replay, added to our Champions League commitments will dilute the attention of both the mind and the body of our best 11. In short, we will end up either resting players, incurring suspensions or even worse still get injuries trying to keep all the balls in the air at once.

For me the priority is winning the Capital One Cup and then giving everything we have to win our final 13 League games using our best 11 players.

Yes the supposed 'Quadruple' would have been nice, but that would take a squad of 25 top players. Beyond our best 13 or 14 we have a lot of mediocrity that gets found out too often.

Richards
Nastasic
Demichelis
Clichy
Garcia
Rodwell

all of that lot are not good enough.

Lescott is the best Premier League partner for Kompany and he needs to be reinstated soonest.

Im sorry but these predictors are a complete waste of time. We have no idea, especially this season.

I mean, who predicted Chelsea to draw with West Brom? Or us to draw with Norwich when we've won there for so long? And thats just last week! Can guarantee something will happen this weekend none of us would have predicted.

Its just too unpredictable.

proudbear said:
Im sorry but these predictors are a complete waste of time. We have no idea, especially this season.

I mean, who predicted Chelsea to draw with West Brom? Or us to draw with Norwich when we've won there for so long? And thats just last week! Can guarantee something will happen this weekend none of us would have predicted.

Its just too unpredictable.

The unpredictability is going to be predictable this year. Why? Because there are so many more teams than usual scrapping to avoid relegation.

I've only done results for City and Chelsea and i have:

1. Chelsea 88pts
2. City 84 pts.

birchwoodgingerste said:
supercity88 said:
Dribble said:
I saw this earlier, but the caveat they throw in is that their predictions are based on current form and will change on a game by game basis and is dependent on goals scored?

Basically, if we win next week and the others lose or draw it obviously all changes...... Seems a bit obvious and odd too tbh.

In mine I tried to go off past seasons results. But again that ignores change of form/manager/players so can often be different. No one would have expected us to go to Norwich and not win, so that really cocks things up. I try and be conservative where the result is in doubt. All that comes from my predictions is what we all know anyway, it is going to be tight and Chelsea will be our main rivals!

Can it predict injuries or lack of form?
I suppose it all just a bit of fun, but the way they make the big headline and then back away from saying it's definitive because its based on current form and will change on a game by game basis and is dependent on goals scored and doesn't take injuries or lack of form into account is just plain daft....

Suppose it gave the lay-statistician something to do though.......

What's the point in threads like this?.
Football is played on the pitch not on computers. Some predictions will be right, others will be completely wrong.
The team that has the most points at the end wins it. Simple, everything else is based on assumptions and guesses.
Complete waste of time.

MaineRoadBlue said:
My prediction, for what it is worth, is that Liverpool will bindip the title from our back pocket unless we depart both Europe and the FA Cup.

There is no doubt about it, that timing is everything, and they have the momentum. They have benefitted greatly from no european commitments and going out early from the Capital One.

I feel over the next month Arsenal will drift away and that Chelsea will get too enthralled in the Champions League to concentrate on their League form.

Yes, we could win our last 13 league games, including the trip to Liverpool, if that was our only priority. I just feel that any potential 6th round FA Cup commitment or even a replay, added to our Champions League commitments will dilute the attention of both the mind and the body of our best 11. In short, we will end up either resting players, incurring suspensions or even worse still get injuries trying to keep all the balls in the air at once.

For me the priority is winning the Capital One Cup and then giving everything we have to win our final 13 League games using our best 11 players.

Yes the supposed 'Quadruple' would have been nice, but that would take a squad of 25 top players. Beyond our best 13 or 14 we have a lot of mediocrity that gets found out too often.

Richards
Nastasic
Demichelis
Clichy
Garcia
Rodwell

all of that lot are not good enough.

Lescott is the best Premier League partner for Kompany and he needs to be reinstated soonest.

Harsh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.