Predictions for the season?

micky_blue

Where do you thing we will finish?

I know there is talk of top 6, but I think we could get higher, maybe 4th or 3rd?

That and a good cup run would be great.

Reasons:
Given - full season with the Prems best keeper.
Richards - Do not believe he will have as bad a season as the last
Centre back - I expect at least 1 new quality signing and possibly 2
Bridge - Pre season with us and now he is settled will get him back to his best.
Barry - On of the prems best and most consistent midfielders
Ireland - will continue to get better
Robinho - 2nd season will help him, he had a lot of pressure during the last and still bagged 15
De Jong - Quality who will now be used to the pace of the prem
Kompany - Possibly our best player last season.
RSC - Will score goals in our team

Which others will join, Tevez yes, who else - I am sure we are going to do well.

After 36 yrs a blue I am the most excited I've ever been; considering I was 7 when I started it is some statement!

Over to you?

micky_blue said:
Where do you thing we will finish?

I know there is talk of top 6, but I think we could get higher, maybe 4th or 3rd?

That and a good cup run would be great.

Reasons:
Given - full season with the Prems best keeper.
Richards - Do not believe he will have as bad a season as the last
Centre back - I expect at least 1 new quality signing and possibly 2
Bridge - Pre season with us and now he is settled will get him back to his best.
Barry - On of the prems best and most consistent midfielders
Ireland - will continue to get better
Robinho - 2nd season will help him, he had a lot of pressure during the last and still bagged 15
De Jong - Quality who will now be used to the pace of the prem
Kompany - Possibly our best player last season.
RSC - Will score goals in our team

Which others will join, Tevez yes, who else - I am sure we are going to do well.

After 36 yrs a blue I am the most excited I've ever been; considering I was 7 when I started it is some statement!

Over to you?

Agree with all of that really. Before evry season I always think that the up coming season is gonna be a great one, then we get stuffed off charlton 4 nil, or Villa 4-2.... but there;s no doubt this is the best City squad I've ever seen by a long way and it'll be even better by the time the season starts. We've no European distractions and Hughes is bringing the right players in. There are no excuses for next season but I think we've got a lot to look forward to.

Im thinking;

Given - Brilliant, consistent performer, may have protection!
Richards - Him Or Zab, roatation, i think the fight for place will spur them on
Centre back - 1 new signing at least, quality defender, toure/lescott
Bridge - May settle with a bit more protection, Barry,De Jong
Barry - top 4 quality, him ireland and dejong will be great!
Ireland - assists assists & goals, will be our second best performer next year
Robinho - Strength, and somrthing to prove, 20 goals great talent, prems best player
De Jong - will be brilliant, great protection
Kompany - Great year, rotation midfield, + CB
RSC - With the players around him he will bang them in

+ Tevez/ Eto/ ....

i can see us pinching 4th if not higher, a great FA cup run, and some amazing performences

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Liverpool
4. Man City

I'd love it if we got to wembley (even just the fa cup semi) and top 4 finish.
think it will be tuogh but if we get tevez and a couple of quality defenders its possible.

given is the best keeper in the league and then we need a world class defender
carlos tevez will be a quality signing if we get him which looks like it will happen
robinho will be amazing home and away

6th, outside chance of 5th, even tho the squad is the best we seen of years it will still take a time for these players to jell, even if it only takes 6 months we will of dropped a few to many points to get top 4 as some seem to think we can get, the top 4 are the top 4 because they dont drop that many points. Next season we will be capable of 4th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.