Predictions for the season?

What is the odds for city to win the prem!

I don't hink we will (So don't go mad), but if were long enogh, a checky each way punt, as pay to top 4, and there is a slight chance could make 4th.

I think 6/5th realistically, and would be happy with that.

The targets set by the chairman are fair. I think our all round set up at this point is great. Everyone knows their jobs and are doing it with great efficiency.

Think it's going to be very interesting this season. United have lost their most influential player as well as Tevez, plus Giggs, Scholes, Neville & Van Der Sar are all in their last season. They won the title last season by their consistency against teams outside the top 4, whereas the others slipped up. Virtually all Ronaldo's goals were scored against those teams so they could drop points in the way Liverpool & Chelsea did.

Liverpool could still lose Alonso, Mascherano and Arbeloa which will affect them but they should still be a threat as long as Gerrard & Torres stay fit. Kuyt is also under-rated and got plenty of goals and assists last season. At the moment I'd rather have him than SWP.

Chelsea's season will depend on how Ancelotti settles in and gets on with the players. Doesn't look like they will suffer any serious player departures and could strengthen sgnificantly.

Arsenal are difficult to call. Are they bottom of the big four or top of the other 17 teams? Looking more like the latter and they may well lose some key players. They are definitely vulnerable and could fall away.

Villa should have got 4th place last season but blew it badly. They've lost Barry to us and Young could also go. If Agbonlahor can't regain his form then they'll struggle for goals and I don't think they'll d as well this season. I think 4th spot could be up for grabs this season and Everton & Spurs are clearly the danger clubs. I also think it's a season too early for us as we will have about 5 new players to settle in. So 6th this season but 4th next.

Villa wil finish lower than last season. Agbonlahor isn't that good he just his a purple patch last season. Barry and Laursen are a colossal loss

4th is definately up for grabs this year, would be great but more realisticly i would say 5th or 6th

1/4 or semis of FA Cup

Well about 2 weeks ago I had a bet on us to win the prem and I got 50-1.

Have a look at the odds now:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/win-market" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... win-market</a>

The best is 33-1 but quite a few have us at 20-1.

We've not even made half of our new signings yet.

The odds don't necessarily indicate who has the best chance, rather the bookies covering their backs should a large amount of money be wagered. I'm guessing quite a few blues (and others) have had a punt on us so the bookies have dropped the odds - but shows we are starting to be taken seriously for a change.

There are a few teams who will be after a top 6 finish - Us, Villa, Everton, Spurs, West Ham, Fulham? That covers the top half of the table. 6th should be easily achievable, 5th a realistic aim. The point about it being a top 3, followed by Arsenal as best-of-the-rest is a good shout, they look most vunerable and it's them we should be looking to challenge first. Chelsea would be the next targets due to their ageing squad and tightening of finance. We have a chance of 4th if we gain some consistency away from home and arsenal have another average season, but an outside chance at best. Without Europe as a distraction we have a better chance this year of aiming high.

Ask me again about 4th once the season is underway ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.