Prejudice

Blue Mist

I was born in 1958. I grew up in a white straight society. I was about 15 when Bowie hit the scene. A lad who liked him was beaten up at school as he must have been queer, so they reckoned (wankers). I got into black music and they were queer, well look at how they dance ! At the same time you were not allowed to like Bronskibeat because they were queer.
I missed out on so much good music because my peers said it was wrong, I missed out on so much everything because of prejudice.
Then I was not strong enough to say something. I dont know when I started to say fuck you, but I did.
I am white and straight but two of my good friends are lesbian and married, at my sons wedding there were 15 different countries represented, my sister in law is Thai.
Half of my extended family are Gay/Trans whatever does it matter ? It doesn't and anyone that says it does can do one.
I am not sure what this post is about (and it is mine !!!) but I suppose it is to say Fuck 'em. Do not let anyone decide what you like and what you should do or be.

egh the end.

fuck me you bastard i start one serious post, one serious post in my entire BM life and you wreck it.

I was born in 77, grew up on a pretty tough council estate and my early years were spent mixing with no nonsense types ( by early years I mean from 6-12 and by no nonsense types I mean my dad was pretty rough and ready and by extension his friends and people who visited our house) who thought they knew best. In their own way they thought they were right about the prejudices they had and were guilty only of being born in a different generation.
Schooldays were spent trying to fit in so taking the piss out of people who weren’t the norm was just a way of life. If you were being a dickhead to others then nobody would be a dickhead to you? Right?
Then thankfully I started to think for myself.
Left the U.K. at 17 on my own and spent many years growing up and seeing the world through a much bigger lense than I’d been accustomed to.
During that time opinions changed and for the most part people became more tolerant and prejudices were called out for the backward thinking they deserved.
The years I spent away taught me to treat people as people and not to catorgarise but like everyone else in the world I’m a hypocrite because I’ve done a lot of shady things to get me where I am right now.
Morale of the story is you can be a dodgy **** and still try and be a good person.

I was born in 69. When I was a kid everyone who wasn’t local, white, straight and even male was a subject of casual prejudice. We went to the Chinky for chips or to the Paki shop for fags. You got a new shirt and you were a puff. You whistled at birds when they walked past you. That’s what it was like.

I can’t actually remember a point when I changed but by the time I was in my late teens it was gone. I actually think I had a bit of an epiphany through ecstasy at an early rave.

and to @Pablo1 and @Didsbury Dave I say thank you.
...hell I have deleted my reply 3 times.

I suppose the thing is. If you believe it is wrong, say something and if your mate says something and you agree, dont let him stand alone.

I was born in 1958. I grew up in a white straight society. I was about 15 when Bowie hit the scene. A lad who liked him was beaten up at school as he must have been queer, so they reckoned (wankers). I got into black music and they were queer, well look at how they dance ! At the same time you were not allowed to like Bronskibeat because they were queer.
I missed out on so much good music because my peers said it was wrong, I missed out on so much everything because of prejudice.
Then I was not strong enough to say something. I dont know when I started to say fuck you, but I did.
I am white and straight but two of my good friends are lesbian and married, at my sons wedding there were 15 different countries represented, my sister in law is Thai.
Half of my extended family are Gay/Trans whatever does it matter ? It doesn't and anyone that says it does can do one.
I am not sure what this post is about (and it is mine !!!) but I suppose it is to say Fuck 'em. Do not let anyone decide what you like and what you should do or be.

egh the end.
Half???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.