Prejudice

I am now where you are, I think I just hate the way i was told i had to be.

Yeah , i can understand that ....

i was born around the same time as yourself ....

i've probably never come under the same sort of pressures, or circumstances within society, to influence the way that i think or act , as you probably have .... i just try to keep an open mind on things , help people, and i try not to judge a book by it's cover .... sometimes it backfires on me , but that's the way i will always be.

Last edited:
I bet loads on here of a certain age were brought up by casually racist parents. I know I was. Don't get me wrong, they weren't going on nf rallies or anything like that, but they certainly were opposed to immigration, but I suspect it was lack of education that caused this.
My parents were visably shocked when I introduced them to one of my serious girlfriends some 25 years ago. Despite the fact she was fucking gorgeous, they couldn't get there head around her skin colour.
We were together for 10 years but i'm sure they were happy when we split up.
Weird values.

I bet loads on here of a certain age were brought up by casually racist parents. I know I was. Don't get me wrong, they weren't going on nf rallies or anything like that, but they certainly were opposed to immigration, but I suspect it was lack of education that caused this.
My parents were visably shocked when I introduced them to one of my serious girlfriends some 25 years ago. Despite the fact she was fucking gorgeous, they couldn't get there head around her skin colour.
Weird values.

Yeah , my second wife was a stunning black girl , and even though no members of my family ever said anything negative about her skin colour, or personality to me , you still wonder what they really thought, because people are different ..... my daughter is mixed race, but i'll always love her , and two of my good friends in the pub are gay , but that has never worried me in the least , i just take them as i find them .... at the end of the day you can't live your life worrying about what people think , or you'll always be in torment .... sure i'll ask advice, and i'll listen to anyone , but any one of us can only do as we 'see fit' .... i don't dwell on things, or harbour grudges , there's more than enough anger in the world already.

Yeah , my second wife was a stunning black girl , and even though no members of my family ever said anything negative about her skin colour, or personality to me , you still wonder what they really thought, because people are different ..... my daughter is mixed race, but i'll always love her , and two of my good friends in the pub are gay , but that has never worried me in the least , i just take them as i find them .... at the end of the day you can't live your life worrying about what people think , or you'll always be in torment .... sure i'll ask advice, and i'll listen to anyone , but any one of us can only do as we 'see fit' .... i don't dwell on things, or harbour grudges , there's more than enough anger in the world already.
Nice words bud.
A couple of my closest friends are gay, and I know what shit they have had to deal with over the years.
This has just made them stronger, and I love them for that.

Weird values.
My parents didn't believe in multiculturalism and yet they were very nice to everybody, never in a million years would they be unfriendly or nasty to anyone whatever they're colour.
I remember my dad saying to me he didn't like the idea of white British culture being watered down.
The Japanese are like this, they deter immigration to protect the Japanese culture.

Is it possible to be against multiculturalism and not be a racist ?
I've often wondered about that.

Nice words bud.
A couple of my closest friends are gay, and I know what shit they have had to deal with over the years.
This has just made them stronger, and I love them for that.

Yeah, unfortunately there are a lot of narrow minded people in the world mate , we can never really change that because most of them just don't want to change ... i don't know why some people are so full of anger and hatred that they feel they have the right to inflict pain and misery on others .... i guess i'll never understand those kind of people , i just thank the gods that i'm not, and never will be, one of tthem.

Last edited:
My parents didn't believe in multiculturalism and yet they were very nice to everybody, never in a million years would they be unfriendly or nasty to anyone whatever they're colour.
I remember my dad saying to me he didn't like the idea of white British culture being watered down.
The Japanese are like this, they deter immigration to protect the Japanese culture.

Is it possible to be against multiculturalism and not be a racist ?
I've often wondered about that.
My parents would say the same, but i'm not sure why.
It's got to be the unfamiliarity and lack of a reasoned attitude towards change. I genuinely believe my parents aren't racist, they just lived in a different time, pre internet etc.
Post war 20 odd year olds were deeply sceptical about jonny forieners, and maybe they were right, or thought they were at the time.
I'm ashamed to say they both didn't like the watered down thing.
Luckily we are now educated enough to make our own decisions.
People now can educate themselves easily. Back in the day it was a little more difficult I guess.
I can't think of any reason why as a planet, multiculturisam should be seen as bad thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.