Premier League , 25 Squad Players next season

auction294

Comes into force next season. This may affect our transfer policy in this window.

For me I think it's a crap decision. A squad of that size for clubs competing in all competitions is way too small. Maybe it is a rule with the best intentions but possibly not best thought out.

It'll be fine. It won't count players under a certain age and it'll only mean getting rid of players like Benjani really.

I just counted. At this moment in time we only have 24 players (not counting those on loan) on the squad list on our website.

Petr Čech said:
bluemoon05 said:
It'll be fine. It won't count players under a certain age and it'll only mean getting rid of players like Benjani really.

I just counted. At this moment in time we only have 24 players (not counting those on loan) on the squad list on our website.

what happens when players come in..?

Other players go out or are just not included in the squad i suppose.

I don't like it either though, i think you should have a limit on the number of players you signed from other clubs, say 20 (just a random number), but your squad can be as large as you want when you include players who have come through your academy, no matter what age they are.

That squad is for the premier league and I assume will not apply to the Champions league, carling cup or FA Cup meaning you could use 30 players just 5 could not play in the league!

pee dubya said:
Petr Čech said:
what happens when players come in..?

Other players go out or are just not included in the squad i suppose.

I don't like it either though, i think you should have a limit on the number of players you signed from other clubs, say 20 (just a random number), but your squad can be as large as you want when you include players who have come through your academy, no matter what age they are.

Is this another ploy to maintain the status quo or to stop clubs going ape and buying way beyond their means? Does it take into account the horrendous injury list that might afflict a club, like the BlueDippers, and if it does you can just see the likes of Ferguson, 'Arry and that laugh-a-minute guy Arsène faking injuries left, right and centre to import a new squaddie. Administrators putting up a plan that has had as much thought as I have given to flying to the moon with a couple of wax wings.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Is this another ploy to maintain the status quo or to stop clubs going ape and buying way beyond their means? Does it take into account the horrendous injury list that might afflict a club, like the BlueDippers, and if it does you can just see the likes of Ferguson, 'Arry and that laugh-a-minute guy Arsène faking injuries left, right and centre to import a new squaddie. Administrators putting up a plan that has had as much thought as I have given to flying to the moon with a couple of wax wings.

Hopefully not about the status quo but to stop clubs buying beyond their means. Just because we now have tons of cash doesn't mean we should forget why the Premiership has been going downhill as a "competition" over the last twenty years.

I'm desperate for us to win something but equally hope that our money will dent the big four enough to bring a couple of them down to the level of Villa, Spurs etc. Once we have more competition it might bring a dash of reality back and we'll have a league with a bit more excitement once again (and with us having a genuine chance of success!)

Notting to worry about

This's the list from our current player (include onloan player)

GK :
Given : HG
Joe Hart :HG
Talor :HG

Defender
Logan: HG
JL :HG
Slyvinho : NoneHG
Bridge : HG
Garrido : NoneHG
Onuha : HG
Richard : HG
Toure : NoneHG
Pablo Zab : NoneHG

Midfield
Barry : HG
Dejong : NoneHG
Etuhu :HG
Ireland : HG
Johnson : HG / Under 21
Kompany : NoneHG
Petrov : NoneHG
Weiss : Under 21
SWP : HG

Striker
ade :NoneHG
Bellamy : HG
Bojinov :NoneHG
Caicedo :NoneHG
Jo :NoneHG
Benjani :NoneHG
Robinho :NoneHG
RSC :NoneHG
Tevez :NoneHG

HG =13
None = 15
Under 21 =2 (not count)

So If we cut some player who have no chance to break in to our team sheet(Logan,etuhu,Bojinov,Ceicedo,Jo,Benjani) out squad size right now is 22!! still have 3slot for new player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.