Premier League finances

Prestwich_Blue

I've been invited to be part of a small panel of fans who will be questioning the PL on their financial situation. We've been working together for a few weeks to put togehter a list of things we want to dscuss with them, and that was sent to them (and acknowledged) this week. We're hoping to have a video discussion with them to discuss their responses, which is to be arranged.

We've asked them about how they distribute the cash they receive from broadcasters and commercial partners, what insurance arrangements are in place that might cover them in the current scenario, what the clawback arrangements were between them, the cubs and the broadcasters and what happens if we have a second wave of COVID-19 that shuts the game down.

Also I asked a question about why they amended their own FFP rules to exclude wage increases, when people are now talking about wage caps. Had to get that one in of course, when it seems to benefit our dear friends in Stretford.

Also I asked a question about why they amended their own FFP rules to exclude wage increases, when people are now talking about wage caps. Had to get that one in of course, when it seems to benefit our dear friends in Stretford.
Did you ask which clubs requested that amendment?

Can you ask them to do something to consider matchgoing fans more? For example when they are negotiating their next broadcasting contract the PL could ask for some of the money to be ringfenced to help keep ticket prices down. Fans need some sort of compensation for kick-off times being changed etc. We have seen during lockdown how crucial crowds are for the TV experience.

I’d like to see clubs commit to a 20-30% reduction of match day ticket prices & available to those more in need, for us this could be run in conjunction with the citizens scheme (which could also be reduced) applications made at the start of the season which have to meet certain criteria, keeping your low earning local support tied to the club & promoting football for all

I think we already know the answer to that question.

We do but we would still like to see them squirm as they try not to answer it.
I would also like to know why debt is acceptable. Covid has shown how quickly things can change financially and yet the powers that be do not seem to mind the Rags are hocked up to their eyeballs. I accept all/most businesses run with debt but not at those levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.