Premier League Games 14/15/16/17 July

Any interesting insights about the game to share during the third quarter intermission?

Cheats. Fucking cheats. Fucking fucking fucking cheats..

Correct me if I’m wrong, but how can a freeze frame from a video camera that shoots at I’m assuming 50 frames a second decide that? Answer it can’t. Players moving at speed would mean around 10-15cm is around as accurate as they could get. And that is not accounting for which moment and how accurately you can judge the ball leaving the (would be) assisters foot.

It’s not like a photo finish on a Finishing line running race.

I may be totally wrong however as my knowledge of cameras is limited.

And as is repeatedly pointed out.

The Freeze frame provided could suit any narrative.

We never,ever see the build up play.

Cheats. Fucking cheats. Fucking fucking fucking cheats..

Correct me if I’m wrong, but how can a freeze frame from a video camera that shoots at I’m assuming 50 frames a second decide that? Answer it can’t. Players moving at speed would mean around 10-15cm is around as accurate as they could get. And that is not accounting for which moment and how accurately you can judge the ball leaving the (would be) assisters foot.

It’s not like a photo finish on a Finishing line running race.

I may be totally wrong however as my knowledge of cameras is limited.
Spot on. Been saying it all season. No matter how good the tech is, there will always be the variable of the person subjectively deciding when to freeze the frame at the moment the ball is played. There has to be a margin of error for tight decisions like that, and IMO it should favour the attacking team. Offside may be offside in theory, but it will never be in practice as there are multiple variables in play.

He was offside on the graphic, but I couldn't see the ball being played in the same graphic. Could easily have been a fraction after the ball was played, in which case he had moved into an offside position. We need to see the same graphic, but with the cross in the same picture.

Again, you are spot on, we couldn't see when the ball was played so for me inconclusive, so how can you make a decision?

Should be left on field eg with the officials.

Same VAR assessor (Hooper?) who didn't give a penalty (stonewall on Jesus) in the 1st half last night.

Prick.

Whats most depressing is that we lost vs both of these this season ffs, if nothing else we should be doing our bit to keep scum out of top 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.