Premier League Games 14/15/16 Sept

Phil Jones has a premier league winners medal, fa cup, charity shield Europa league so your point is
Spot on. A winners' medal is no reliable indicator of individual quality. IIRC, Jack Rodwell, Stefan Savic, Matija Nastasic and Javi Garcia all have PL winners' medals with us. And how many medals does Phil Chuckle have?

Phil Jones has a premier league winners medal, fa cup, charity shield Europa league so your point is
My point is, get behind the team and support them Too many are quick to rip into them when things don't go well.. Yes they were shit yesterday but over the last couple of years they've not been too bad .. You missed Jones's World Gurning Champion medals which he has won 4 years running now but I take your point!

Spot on. A winners' medal is no reliable indicator of individual quality. IIRC, Jack Rodwell, Stefan Savic, Matija Nastasic and Javi Garcia all have PL winners' medals with us. And how many medals does Phil Chuckle have?
Here's me thinking you have to be half decent to win leagues & cups but any carthorse gets them given to them. (see above list- who in my opinion are all half decent, maybe not Rodwell). Sack off Stones & Otta Jim, who we goin' to replace them with?

Here's me thinking you have to be half decent to win leagues & cups but any carthorse gets them given to them. (see above list- who in my opinion are all half decent, maybe not Rodwell). Sack off Stones & Otta Jim, who we goin' to replace them with?
You said earlier, in response to my tongue in cheek question about who was the worse pairing (Ota/Stones or Sokratis/Sideshow)...

Ota and stones have 4 premier league medals between them and a sack load of other worthless baubles, LC, FAC, Charity Shield.. Let me think!!!!!....

Insinuating that having medals is an indicator of quality. My later reply is simply, and accurately, pointing out that having a winner's medal is no indicator of individual quality. You have to be lucky enough to be in a half decent team to win cups. Occasionally, as I have clearly pointed out, "carthorses" (your term) can get lucky and be part of a great team. Look at the likes of Dennis Wise; I don't think anyone outside of the Wise household, would seriously class him as a world class player. Or, watching today, Luiz. Both Wise and he will have an impressive collection of "worthless baubles" (again, your term). Yet I've never rated him as a top notch defender. He's always been likely to do that sort of tackle he did today. Surely, you can see that? As for your closing question, I put forward an opinion in another thread that Garcia and/or THB will need to be looked at and maybe given a try (alongside Fern or Stones) in supposedly "easier" games. I wouldn't "sack off" Stones just yet.

Last edited:
You said earlier, in response to my tongue in cheek question about who was the worse pairing (Ota/Stones or Sokratis/Sideshow)...

Insinuating that having medals is an indicator of quality. My later reply is simply, and accurately, pointing out that having a winner's medal is no indicator of individual quality. You have to be lucky enough to be in a half decent team to win cups. Occasionally, as I have clearly pointed out, "carthorses" (your term) can get lucky and be part of a great team. Look at the likes of Dennis Wise; I don't think anyone outside of the Wise household, would seriously class him as a world class player. Or, watching today, Luiz. Both Wise and he will have an impressive collection of "worthless baubles" (again, your term). Yet I've never rated him as a top notch defender. He's always been likely to do that sort of tackle he did today. Surely, you can see that? As for your closing question, I put forward an opinion in another thread that Garcia and/or THB will need to be looked at and maybe given a try (alongside Fern or Stones) in supposedly "easier" games. I wouldn't "sack off" Stones just yet.
Bloody eck Jim, come up for some air (smiley face).. Wise won 1 medal, he got lucky, the 2 that play for us have won 7 of the 8 domestic trophies on offer over the last 2 years.. that's not luck mate you have to have something about you to achieve that.. I don't want to fall out with you Jim I've read your posts over too many years I care to remember, you have City in your heart mate and I understand you are peed off about yesterday's result... it's cos you care Jim.. Anyway I don't want to keep you away from Utube and the f5 button any longer so I'll say nite..

spitty la and chuckle going to give pep some ideas about our defence at 10 30 as if otta partners stones we have a shit win percentage and wont win the league.can someone let pep know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.