Premier League games 16/17/18 / 23 January

See dirty Leeds got beat again. Anyone else agree Bielsa is completely ordinary? Don’t see what the fuss is all about myself.

Surely taking the knee is just abit pointless now? The message is out there and everyone knows the league/players support that message. It’s almost like they are scared to stop in case they are accused of something
It's already started. Lyle Taylor - Nottingham forest striker didn't take the knee last week. Pretty much what he was saying. He gets and fully supports the message but doesn't agree with the Black lives matter movement.

Surely taking the knee is just abit pointless now? The message is out there and everyone knows the league/players support that message. It’s almost like they are scared to stop in case they are accused of something
If they ask me to do it in the stands, when fans are back in the stadium, I will need help from those around me to get back on my feet again.

Southampton's lack of goals gets "understanding" from Fletch and Pointy because Ings is out, yet nobody seems to "understand" why our goals tally is lower than usual, weird that ;)

Fofana just got a yellow for doing exactly what a Brighton player, already on a yellow, didn’t get one for. Odd that don’t you think. Wish someone could put the incidents side by side and ask Riley and his mates why one is a yellow and one isn’t

Fofana just got a yellow for doing exactly what a Brighton player, already on a yellow, didn’t get one for. Odd that don’t you think. Wish someone could put the incidents side by side and ask Riley and his mates why one is a yellow and one isn’t

What's a red for Fulham is a yellow to Rags.
What's a pen for the Dippers is not a pen for Wolves
If the ref needs a certain result, he'll do his damndest.

Judging it using the current guidelines, it's a red card.
I have to say, I get that vibe as well. They don't want to offend anybody. Which is perfectly understandable and laudible. Now, we all realise that "taking the knee" will not carry on in perpetuity and that, eventually, it will stop. It's highly unlikely that the players will still be doing it in five years' time. Therefore, a line will be drawn under it at some stage in the future. And I doubt that many would think that, when the gesture does stop, that players will suddenly stop believing in the message behind it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.