Premier League Games 18/19 Dec

Let us all know which players have Covid and which ones are vaccinated. If games are being called off because of unvaccinated players getting the virus, I think we the fans are entitled to know.
Sadly patient confidentiality will scupper that, but they could release numbers.

It's disappointing for a game to be called off but I understand having the vaccine doesn't make you Covid immune, so for me it doesn't matter who does or doesn't have it. Footballer uptake is on par for their age group as well.

You can still get Covid and we can now see that a lot of people are not following the basic hygine / social distancing etc. maybe because they think they have the vaccine so it's ok?

For PL clubs, none of the measures introduced should have been dropped IMO

It's disappointing for a game to be called off but I understand having the vaccine doesn't make you Covid immune, so for me it doesn't matter who does or doesn't have it. Footballer uptake is on par for their age group as well.

You can still get Covid and we can now see that a lot of people are not following the basic hygine / social distancing etc. maybe because they think they have the vaccine so it's ok?

For PL clubs, none of the measures introduced should have been dropped IMO
It doesn't make you covid immune but it does reduce the effects of covid, meaning lower recovery time. Unvaccinated people on average are affected a lot more by covid and take longer to recover. Meaning clubs are without players longer.

Unvaccinated players are a problem, they will cause more delays in the season.

Last edited:
What is the point of a break? There is absolutely no sign of this virus going away, and it keeps mutating. The scientific community are frantically trying to bring it under control, but two years on things are no better.

We could just shut down all forms of entertainment and sit at home twiddling our thumbs, but that is no way to live.

If you can play just get on with it.

What is the point of a break? There is absolutely no sign of this virus going away, and it keeps mutating. The scientific community are frantically trying to bring it under control, but two years on things are no better.

We could just shut down all forms of entertainment and sit at home twiddling our thumbs, but that is no way to live.

The only positive I can see is stopping fans making wasted journeys.

- Keep testing the players daily.
- Continue to explain to the players the importance of being vaccinated.
- Call a match off if there is an outbreak.
- Play on if there isn't.

At this moment a circuit breaker does nothing. Especially when the players can still go to shows and concerts in their spare time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.