Premier League Games 18/19 January

Really enjoyed the Liverpool v Man Utd game today. Thought Liverpool should’ve been out of sight by the hour mark. I also thought the Firmino goal should have stood. However when they didn’t get the 2nd goal United fair play applied some pressure and Martial should’ve equalised. Liverpool deserved it overall.

I don't really think the drop in quality would be that huge from VvD as most people think. They have just become a very functional side that is beyond relying on one player now.

You can also argue us relying on one centre-back after the money spent in that area is a farce.

Either way, I trust our guys to rectify it. The moaning about Var and the media and whatever just doesn't sit right with me. They are obviously a good side

Even without the obvious fuck ups we would still be at least 10 points behind. We just haven’t been very good and they have been. It’s that simple. It’s not just down to VAR and injuries either. The hunger has dipped which is unsurprising given the intensity of the last 2 seasons.

Unfortunately we chose not to really strengthen at the end the season and it has shown this season.

Didn't we have a highly consistent team winning 198 pts over two seasons? We managed to do wiithout Kevin for most of last season but we had Bernardo who is world class in that position. We don't have such options at CB and it showed.

The argument they are a functional sife and don't depend on one player is highly suspect. It's based on little evidence. None of VVD and the front 3 has missed more than 2-3 games all season. If they can go 12 games without a clean sheet with almost all their defenders fit, then they can easily suffer without VVD, taemas will be encouraged to have a go, etc. Hey, they struggled against Monterrey and nearly got beaten by a mediocre side when they had to play with Henderson at CB.
We absolutely did. We also set standards we haven't been able to meet ourselves this season. And that is fair enough but we have to be prepared for another season were every single dropped point may be fatal.

Im sure injuries would impact them. How much is impossible to say without evidence. Tbf to them they have coped very well without one of the best holding midfielders in the world in Fabinho during a tough period, and also their expencive(imo overrated) keeper during the start of the season

Really enjoyed the Liverpool v Man Utd game today. Thought Liverpool should’ve been out of sight by the hour mark. I also thought the Firmino goal should have stood. However when they didn’t get the 2nd goal United fair play applied some pressure and Martial should’ve equalised. Liverpool deserved it overall.
You enjoyed watching the rags play those horrible bastards?

I didn’t enjoy it, l fucking hate the pair of them but as king Kev once said, ‘I would have loved it if the rags could have beat them’. Hopefully it will be us that do the Kult club at our place.

Why are you here ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.