Premier League (New Years) Games 1/2 Jan

See Wilder interview after Dippers game saying how flat Sheffield were and the City game took more out of his players than he thought. Handy Dippers played 3 teams over Xmas after we had played them as said in other threads

The mad Mackem is the only good keeper we've got. Robles was a decent backup, but unfortunately he's gone and we're stuck with Stekelenburg, who's shite, and Lössl, who I'm not confident about at all. Playing him against them would be cruel.

Remember what the rags were like back in the '90s?

Yep.
The Mad Mackem is not a good keeper, he is a flapper and has no spatial awareness whatsoever, extremely overrated because he is England's keeper.. I would rather have a windmill in nets than him..
That said, I hope you smash em, whatever team plays..!

The Mad Mackem is not a good keeper, he is a flapper and has no spatial awareness whatsoever, extremely overrated because he is England's keeper.. I would rather have a windmill in nets than him..
That said, I hope you smash em, whatever team plays..!
He has his moments, but he's too inconsistent and immature. I was terrified he'd let the Newcastle fans go to his head like he did last time and cost us the game. If we go to penalties though, I hope he takes one, he's like Kevin Pressman without the pie habit.

I don't think many of our fans rate him that much tbh, his attitude pisses a lot of us off. Then again we're hard to please and when you've seen Neville Southall play in goal for Everton, all subsequent goalies tend to come up short.

He has his moments, but he's too inconsistent and immature. I was terrified he'd let the Newcastle fans go to his head like he did last time and cost us the game. If we go to penalties though, I hope he takes one, he's like Kevin Pressman without the pie habit.

I don't think many of our fans rate him that much tbh, his attitude pisses a lot of us off. Then again we're hard to please and when you've seen Neville Southall play in goal for Everton, all subsequent goalies tend to come up short.
Couldn't agree more about Southall, fantastic keeper, he would get in any team these days, watched him deny City many times with incredible saves... The Budgie not good enough to clean his boots ... Good luck, hope you destroy the arrogant gits ....!

Fair comment that re Southall.That man was obsessed with goal keeping.Great professional.

Southall was great keeper, no doubt. I seem to recall him staging a one-man protest against the direction of the club at an opening game of the season. He just say down by his post, at half-time, I think. Am I imagining things?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.