Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Whilst still going strong for 3 trophies, it should never be one or other, but a choice that includes all outcome’s.
I’ve voted for the Premier League, but I would have choose both or all, if they were an option.

The CL. It pains me to say that because I've always considered the Premier League the better achievement; the league is a marathon not a sprint, thus an accolade worthy of the moniker, "best". There's no doubt in my mind that we are the best team in Europe at this moment.

But, but, BUT...as others have already addressed, we simply have to get this CL monkey off our back. People won't want to accept this truth, but it's the most prestigious club competition. Spanish football fans will have a minor interest in the Premier League. German football fans will have a minor interest in Serie A. French football fans will have a minor interest in La Liga, etc. But every football fan in Europe turns on for the CL. It generates the most furore, the most conversation, is the pinnacle of football as a spectator sport. It basically determines who wins the Balon D'or. That's the level of its pull. We can debate the merits of it being the pinnacle until the cows come home; as I opined earlier, I think domestic leagues, particularly the PL, should be the barometer for "best". But the reality is, vast swathes of the European fan populace think otherwise. Our cause isn't helped by the comparative weakness of other domestic leagues; I mean, will Bayern fans think winning the Bundesliga is a greater achievement than the CL? The likes of Bayern and PSG compete against league 1 standard clubs most weeks, thus their attentions are turned to what they consider the big one. All our rivals, both domestic and European, have claimed this trophy at least once; as of right now we are outliers. That has to change. If we want to establish ourselves as a giant of European football, and establish an indelible legacy on a European scale, we need to win it at least once.
Fan apathy towards it also needs to change. I think it has largely, but there are still some pockets of blues who can't become enthused. I remember someone stating on here at the start of the season that they would rather see us win a record League Cup than a CL. Each to their own, but I find that staggering.

If you think everyone working within the club won't be crying out, from the depths of their souls, to win this trophy, then I have a bridge wrapped in a pretty ribbon to sell you. We are achieving greatness under Pep; we are, in my not outlandish opinion, the best team the PL has ever seen. We could win record consecutive league titles under the great man, but it will feel a little hollow if we can't couple at least one of those league titles with a CL.

Last summer still smarts, it really f*****g does. Fortunately, we are an exceptionally run club; and I firmly believe the fruits of these collective labours will see us lift Big Ears sooner rather than later.

Who knows...it may even be this season. CTID

Chumps league at the end of the day is a cup competition if Spurs had won it would they be the best team in europe?Scousers would not have won it if had not been Spursy in the final.On any given day in cups anyone can win,best team always wins the league.

Some very well reasoned arguments here. It would be devastating to lose the league from our current position. But the CL will haunt us until we win it - then the flood gates will open! Personally, I am not prepared to sacrifice the league so, reluctantly, cannot cast a vote.

For me I’d rather win the Prem, a CL would be class but it’s entirely luck based and it’s not always the best team who wins it. The winner of the Prem is more often than not the best team in the world anyway and all rival fans know that which is why they hate city so much, even though they claim they don’t care

In 2012 it was more important to win the Premier League than the Champions League.

Now it is obviously more important to win the Champions League.

Any blue who doesn't admit that is either deluded or a liar.

And the team selections for Norwich and Sporting tell you 100% what matters most to Pep too.

robert-downey-jr-iron-man.gif

Poster creates thread and poses simple question with only 2 answers. Even has a vote system. Daft posters say we wan't both or all three with the FA Cup. Like doh! Really?

This place sometimes:-)

BTW I liked the 'I just can't vote on this'

Will the earth open and swallow you up? Will you jinx the team? Will you break out in hives?

Pmsl.

Winning the league is awesome but winning it to stop the victims is erecto-prompto

In 2012 it was more important to win the Premier League than the Champions League.

Now it is obviously more important to win the Champions League.

Any blue who doesn't admit that is either deluded or a liar.

And the team selections for Norwich and Sporting tell you 100% what matters most to Pep too.
If your theory holds true, it’ll be interesting to see the team he puts out for the quarter final compared to the Liverpool game sandwiched in the middle, especially if they’re 5 points or less behind us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.