Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
The answer is clearly the premier league as long as liverpool don't win the champions league

Champions league a competition you can enter when you are not a champion
Premier league or any league the team that performs the best ie results is crowned champions
It’s not even a question
We need to win CL just to get the monkey of our back and shut the other fuckers up
But the league is no 1
Cup comps are great but the title is no 1

Previous years I’ve always said premier league and was about to now. Then I thought about it and really couldn’t decide so it’s either, or preferably both, I don’t think I really have a preference this season.
No reasoning just how I feel.

From memory Bayern Munich have played Leeds, Villa, United, and Chelsea in the EC/CL Final, and on each occasion the best team lost. That's also how I think City will eventually win the competition, and possibly on a penalty shootout.

In contrast if you win the Premier League then you're deserved champions.

If we include the FA Cup as well, I'd say the league cup + the PL isn't better than the FA Cup + the CL, at least for City, given that we've won 4 league cups and 3 PLs recently vs only 1 FA Cup and 0 CLs.

As long as we win one from the PL or the CL, the season will be great. Let's hope we'll win both.

I get the impression that Pep goes all out for them all, maybe? But there's a niggle I have that, looking at a few of the past English CL winners, they don't tend to have won the league at the same time (I can't be arsed looking up stats so I could be wrong). Which leads to think there's a bit of a sacrifice needed at some point, or the manager is possibly able to concentrate on the CL when he knows the league is unlikely. To go all out for them all could be counter productive but also, to concentrate on just one is a bit of a gamble when they're all attainable.

I ask the question because I'm nearly 40 so for me the league was always something I never dreamed of winning. I'd rather win that before all others. The FA Cup is still a huge deal for me. I'd like to see us win that. The CL is a dream I'd love to win it but I do feel like it's something OTHER FANS demand of us. Like, say we win the prem this season, it's something they will say that doesn't mean anything, "because you haven't won the CL". But personally I'm like, well it seems to bother you more than it does me? I'm the fan, I define my own happiness. I'm more than happy with the league so it seems the issue of winning the CL is something that means more to other fans of other teams than it does me? But my mate's 30, he's more of a fifa playing fan like a lot of lads under 30. They've grown up with the CL being sold to them as THE goal. So he's not as bothered about the league. He wants the CL. He'd happily go out the fa cup too if it meant we could rest players for a CL game.

Just got me thinking and wondered what other fans think about it.

here’s a question; let’s say a wizard comes up to you and says “you can either let the season play out as is and have no guarantee of anything but obviously be 2 games away from the FA cup, 3 ties away from the CL and still top of the league OR i’ll give you one trophy guaranteed right now and that’s it for the season but i’m not telling you which one” what are you saying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.