Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
I'm firmly in the CL camp now. If we win the league it's our 6th in 10 seasons which is incredible. But 5 in 10 seasons isn't too shoddy either. The CL is the stick to beat us with. I don't care if the criticism turns to "you've only won it once". That's pathetic and hardly an insult.

We could win the league 10 times in a row but until we win the CL credit will not be given to the club. We'll always be downplayed in comparison to the dippers, because the media is full of their fans and former players.

In terms of Pep v Klopp times the comparison is 3 league titles v 1, 1 FA Cup v 0, 4 league cups v 1 and 0 CL v 1.

Yet we're talked about in the same breath purely because of the CL. We have to win it. Even if they won the league ahead of us we've won more under Pep. We'd have at least the same number of FA Cups in that time and we're ahead on league cups.

Last edited:
I’d be way more disappointed if we didn’t win the league.

If we fail to win the league and get to the Champions League final it’d be horrible. Particularly if Liverpool had already done the domestic treble.

These next few weeks we need to win the league, then ideally Chelsea win the FA Cup. Derail Liverpool’s hype train.

You have to fight against corruption and media bias for 38 games to be PL champions but just 13 games fighting the same corruption and bias to win a knockout competition. UEFA are hoping to play the semis and the final in one week in future seasons, good luck being able to afford that, especially when they decide it would be a great corporate wheeze if they were played in North America to keep to keep the growing number of American owners happy.

TBH I would accept either at this point as a good season and ready to go again.

League is better, but stopping the scousers a quad with the last game (possibly last kick of the season, would be great).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.