Premier League to restart on Wednesday June 17th

Woohoo, two weeks to go until football returns to our lives. I can't wait.

Oh hang on, yes I can. Preferably until players and staff stop testing positive on a daily basis.

As for moving the matches, huh? Were told it is on local police advice, who have been asked to indentify any matches where risk is increased. Fair enough, but isn't that any match? And if we move it to another area doesn't it just pass along the problem? As for this protest thing, seems made up to me. Who is going to protest? Why at the Etihad? Are there facts we're not being told maybe?

But don't worry, were told it's what we want and will make us all feel better. Medicine for the soul, just ignore the daily Covid-19 stats and focus on the football, the football, not around the football, look into the football.. you're going under... You will queue for McDonald's, you will restart your sky sports subscription, you will watch the football and forget all about the nasty virus...

Great post on all points.

I’ve already personally made the decision to swerve watching any games. I just can’t get into the BCD crap. When you take out the key ingredient, US, you lose everything .....

Football without fans is NOTHING!

I’d rather wait until it’s safe to go back to grounds. HOWEVER long that took. Just being ‘a little bit more safe’ BCD, still isn’t 100% safe. And for me, it sends out completely the wrong message to the idiots who have continually flaunted the lockdown .... ‘Well if footballs back, we’re back to normal right?’

Nah. Not for me. I get the financial need for it to return with so many clubs on the brink of going to the wall. But they can do one when they spout the ‘it’s for the good of the mental health of the Nation’ crap.

It has been said so many times , the premier league is back simply for financial reasons , they will not have to give the TV companies a billion quid and they can get the Dippers over the line for the title , because they have millions of plastic armchair fans around the world coming out of the woodwork. If the Rags had been at the top of the league , it would have been the same story.
Its essential the premier league keep the Rags and Dippers relevant , its good for the brand.
But our continued domination of domestic football is bad news for the bean counters , but no matter what obstacles , bans , fines , relagation etc., they put in our way , we are too far down the line now , we are building a worldwide following and we are attracting our own plastic fans , in the next ten years our club will be on a par with any club in europe , and the old G14 clubs are shitting themselves.
Our 2019/20 league campaign was a blip , we arent going anywhere soon.

Can't fucking wait...

var-liverpool-memes-08.jpg

Great post on all points.

I’ve already personally made the decision to swerve watching any games. I just can’t get into the BCD crap. When you take out the key ingredient, US, you lose everything .....

Football without fans is NOTHING!

I’d rather wait until it’s safe to go back to grounds. HOWEVER long that took. Just being ‘a little bit more safe’ BCD, still isn’t 100% safe. And for me, it sends out completely the wrong message to the idiots who have continually flaunted the lockdown .... ‘Well if footballs back, we’re back to normal right?’

Nah. Not for me. I get the financial need for it to return with so many clubs on the brink of going to the wall. But they can do one when they spout the ‘it’s for the good of the mental health of the Nation’ crap.
I'm not sure what just happened, but I read a post on here from a liverpool fan that I agreed with, unless its ironic in some way.

My only minor disagreement, is that I think we should be planning for the new (next) season, give you whatever it is now, but its hardly the real thing with 25% of the season to play, but you'd won the 75% season.

We shouldn't be playing any football until fans can be in the stadiums watching imho, even if that is not even the 2020/21 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.