Premier League to restart on Wednesday June 17th

Maybe only dippers can play their games and get it over with, why rest of the league has to go through this.

Not just about L'pool though is it?

There are clubs trying to stay up. All the clubs, being as UEFA are madly insistent there's going to be a European season next year (How the F that is going to work with a truncated duration for the season and little foreign travel F only knows?), fighting for the European places. Not least someone like Sheff. Utd who have never played at the highest level in Europe. The higher money per-place right on down the PL. Then the fight to even get into it to start with and all the riches that brings. West Brom for example, are int he last year of the parachute money. So if they didn't come up, that side could in all likelihood be decimated and sold off as they cut their cloth accordingly.

Whole host of things need deciding,

You'd have to end the season completely now and work out a final table on the fairest for all which would probably be on average-points-per-game to do that. (Which I'd rather have than returning to this bollocks but the money men have decreed otherwise.).

Last edited:
I'm not sure what just happened, but I read a post on here from a liverpool fan that I agreed with, unless its ironic in some way.

My only minor disagreement, is that I think we should be planning for the new (next) season, give you whatever it is now, but its hardly the real thing with 25% of the season to play, but you'd won the 75% season.

We shouldn't be playing any football until fans can be in the stadiums watching imho, even if that is not even the 2020/21 season.

Defo and looking ahead, that's the potential next carnage. What happens next season?

With an expected big second wave the autumn, what happens then if, in all likelihood, football has to shut down with everything else again? The implications going forward are frightening.

I would have thought there'd have been a chance to start planning ahead, like you said, and maybe be looking at returning for next season early in 2021 and say play February through October for a couple of seasons. Which would give the added bonus of mirroring things up with the bat S crazy winter World Cup in a few years which will just disrupt that season even if we're back to some sort of normality by then. But then UEFA have to get everything boxed so they can hold their equally mad 500 Country European Championships.

This is going to be a proper mess for a good time to come.

I see 300 Porto fans gathered outside their ground last night. I wonder which premier league fans will do likewise?

I don't think the government have yet approved the restart have they? Nothing is officially going ahead just yet. I live in hope a) the R rate curtails it and b) the greedy PL refuse to help the lower league clubs and it's vetoed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.