Premier League to restart on Wednesday June 17th

Scandalous North/ South divide which just highlights yet again the absolute disdain and contempt they hold us in.

3 games in Manchester and 1 each in Newcastle and L'pool, all involving Northern clubs, have been requested to be played behind-closed-doors. Yet matches like the North London Derby, West Ham- Chelsea et al are all sound to be played at the respective home venues? NO discrimination going on there at all. No Sir. Nothing to see here! Move along .....

Football fans being treated as second-class citizens by the authorities is bad enough and has been going on for decades here. (And they wonder why they're still big issues in that regard ...... ? Single out one. large section of society from the rest and treat people like utter trash, they'll invariably react like utter trash.). But to now differentiate between Southern and Northern fans is beyond the pale and just rams home yet again the absolute contempt they have for us. All with not a thread of actual evidence behind the scandalous rhetoric that we can't somehow behave and follow/ will disregard the rules through such a devastating Worldwide crisis .....

The fact the Police lead on this is from SYP should tell any football fan ALL they need to know here.
Yes, it's an absolute pisstake. Obviously us feral northerners can't be trusted not to congregate in big numbers during a global pandemic, and therefore need to be treated differently from the altogether more civilised southern fans.

I think the games that have been moved to a neutral ground maybe just to do some 'live' tests incase this happens again next season. Seems a bit convenient of course that it is our games but still.

They aren't doing antibody testing, they are doing nasal swab antigen tests.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...eassure-players-4m-coronavirus-nasal-testing/

If you haven't read enough to know that, no wonder you can't work it out.

And if you want to post links, you might want to do it from a new organisation whose articles are not blocked in Europe.

Here's your link. US CDC states that up to 50% of antibody tests may be inaccurate. Basically similar to tossing a coin.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/health/antibody-tests-cdc-coronavirus-wrong/index.html

As for Antigen testing, how much reading have you done? Apparently not much or you would know this:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...ert-answers/covid-antibody-tests/faq-20484429
"A positive antigen test result is considered very accurate, but there's an increased chance of false negative results — meaning it's possible to be infected with the virus but have negative antigen test results. So antigen tests aren't as sensitive as molecular tests are. Depending on the situation, the doctor may recommend a molecular test to confirm a negative antigen test result."

What about your daily testing? Are you prepared to admit you made that up?

Another nail in the coffin. Seriously fed up with football now. The very fact that some games will be played at neutral venues (2 of ours) when other games will be played at the home teams ground is a farce.

It is indeed. But fuck it. Let's go out and annihilate the fuckers. We're not gonna win the league, but a victory over them and 2 maybe 3 Cups ain't a bad finish to the season.

Does anyone think the games they have chosen for neutral venues is due to local infection rates
No london games have been chosen but if the figures are right there R number is alot lower than cities up north

Not arsed about the restart lost all interest, football has changed forever and I’m not sure if I wanna be part of this.

Roughly how I feel. This on top of the FFP nonsense and the VAR nonsense makes me feel it ain't worth bothering. I am also disgusted that feral Red Dippers seem to have become immune to all criticism, enjoying a protected species status in the media. We all know what they are and the constant BS about them being the best, most knowledgeable fans in the world, that "this means more" and all the rest of the fawning bollocks makes me think the time and energy I spend on football would be better diverted to something else - making a model of Blackpool Tower out of matchsticks or something.

To make matters worse, fucking Leeds are probably back in our league next season. Let that sink in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.