Premier league trophy presentation/parade

My views on the parade.

TBH I don't do parades. I'll go, watch the buses go past, then go home.

Those horns the Kids are blowing drive me crazy.

Thought the parade route was very bitty. Loads of roads blocks, barriers, diversions, metal barriers, choke points, check points, Police, Stewards, etc.(see last 2 picture's) It made it hard for the fans to gather together, apart from along routes that were clear of the above, namely the top end Deansgate. Numerous video screens and containers selling merchandise, etc, didn't help either. And because the Town Hall is being refurbished, the stage was placed on the junction of Quay Street and Deansgate, chopping Deansgate in half, and creating a bottleneck.

The attendance figures ranged from 30,000( please! :lol: ) from Sky Sports news(did we expect anything else from them?), to 100,000 from the BBC. As usual it's always a Johnny Ball, think of a number figure. Being honest, I would say it was definitely down on the numbers at the previous 2 parades, especially the first 1.(City's 1st PL title) Monday night at 6pm didn't help either. I've always wondered why parades can't be held on a Sunday, when everybody is off work, there's no traffic, and everyone can get into town much easier?

A few random picture's of the parade route. About 1 hour+ before it started at the other end of Deansgate.

The junction of Quay Street and Deansgate.

DSC03769.jpg

DSC03770.jpg

DSC03773.jpg

DSC03774.jpg

DSC03799.jpg

Looking towards the stage, which sadly meant Deansgate was chopped in half. So no parade down the full length of Deansgate.

DSC03784.jpg

Looking towards the stage.

Metal barriers, check points, Stewards, etc.

The buses went up John Dalton Street, and the fans on Deansgate later moved down Deansgate to the stage area.

DSC03791.jpg

DSC03792.jpg

DSC03797.jpg

Sadly, the sign of the times. A large lorry parked across Quay Street to stop any possible vehicle attacks. There were similar measures elsewhere along the route.

DSC03788.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

Gone are the day's in Manchester city centre where large parades are allowed along open routes. That will include United(think back to 1999). Especially after the MEN Arena bomb. You can't blame the Authorities and GMP for doing such things. The safety of the fans comes first. But it does take away from that genuine parade spectacle and feeling, sadly.

PS. I'm thinking of starting a City fans forum called *Blue Moan*, if anyone is interested joining. ;-)
Where do you live I need to practice my vuvuzela

did United have a parade for each of their prem title wins? genuine qu, i just didnt take any notice at the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.