Premier League U18 national final: City Champions after 2-1 win

Most of them look great, but I’d say the most promising ones are Lewis, Mebude and Borges.
I'd add the other full back, Galvez and the striker Sodje. After an injury ravaged season (and not the only one at that), Sodje looks a fantastic all round striker. You'll find him all over the pitch when needed and besides his speed and physicality he's got some serious skills.

Mebude & Borges on opposite wings can look like a cheat code at times.

I'd also give a shout out for Kian Breckin & Liam Smith as attacking mids.

You could make it up? - think you are missing an N! ;)
Thank you! Corrected!!

I've scoured the BBC football page for a mention. I found last night's PL games, Swindon not making the play off final, all the argy-bargy that''s reappearing in football, fans, players and it appears Paddy V has had a boot at someone, European Leagues, US Major League Soccer, Rangers tale of woe, women refs at the WC, Haringay woman banned for nine months, but the efforts of our lads last night, making three in a row, not a fuckin' word, syllable or letter. I would ask the BBC, but reflection suggests I'd be wasting my time, what coverage would the game have got had Southampton won? They have become most disgustingly biased broadcaster over the last ten or twenty years that airs a football website. The top billing is 'Managers speak about Sunday's games'. Two pictures - Klopp and Eddie H. It's risible.

Last edited:
I'd add the other full back, Galvez and the striker Sodje. After an injury ravaged season (and not the only one at that), Sodje looks a fantastic all round striker. You'll find him all over the pitch when needed and besides his speed and physicality he's got some serious skills.

Mebude & Borges on opposite wings can look like a cheat code at times.

I'd also give a shout out for Kian Breckin & Liam Smith as attacking mids.

I think Smith has been a bit of a disappointment, he didn’t even make the bench last night despite him being one of the oldest in the squad.

I thought Galvez was poor apart from one piece of play. Not sure what was so good about his performance?
I also thought Borges was fairly quiet apart from his assist.

I was at the match last night and one thing that struck me, asides from the quality of Borges, Sodje and Mebuda, was how the centre back Katongo looked so assured the whole match, unflappable was the word I used to my mate.

We shot ourselves in the foot for their goal, but after that I thought we played really well, some great skill on show. As had been mentioned here, the referee was way too lenient on them and the only way they could compete was to make the game physical, which is of course we'll within their rights, if played within the laws of the game.

All-in-all a very well deserved victory and rightly crowned national champions, again.

Last edited:
Based on last night, Lewis, Mbude and Borges, definitely stood out.
I am also a fan of Josh Adam, who I think is a very gifted player.

I think Smith has been a bit of a disappointment, he didn’t even make the bench last night despite him being one of the oldest in the squad.
I think I've mixed him up with Josh Adam TBH.

I thought Smith was on the bench last night but looks like that was Isaac Smith, not Liam.

I think Kian Breckin will have a very good career. He's not spectacular but does an awful lot of understated good work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.