Prepare to Meet Thy Doom!

<a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1997606021322612799" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1322612799</a>

34:39

Immortalised, telling the ICF the end is nigh.

TGR said:
Does anyone remember the Jehova's wittness who used to stand outside the turnstiles of the Kippax Street stand wearing a sandwich board which proclaimed 'Prepare to Meet thy Doom!' and a bowler hat in the late 60's and early 70's? I remember he once said that Colin Bell 'was a sinner' and it nearly kicked off!

He also had a slogan 'Repent before it is too late'. That was going back to the early 1960s. I think he would stand outside Old Trafford as well

His predictions have not been too good so far.

My sisters Boyfriend around the late 1970s told me bout this guy,He also told me before a derby @ the swamp the old guy recognised him and promptly yelled @ the top of his voice,"Ah its my counter parts from Maine Road" which ensued in a mad dash to get inside as the old bloke appeared to have signalled a cavalry charge to him and his mates by hundreds of brain dead apes/rags/unwashed !!

I remember him, i had a knee operation and my mate was pushing me round to the disabled section at Maine Road ,he came across and told me to have faith and i would walk again !! Good day we won 1-0 Howard kendall era .

As an 18 year old walking down Wembley Way in 1981, just as we got to the end of it, there he was, placard in hand. City fans around us applauded his loyalty to the cause!
That was the Saturday game, no idea if he made the replay.

Bet he wasn't at York away either ;)

I also remember seeing him at Wembley, he got lots of cheers from the City fans. I also remember fans taking the piss when we played Liverpool at home, telling him that God wouldn't mind as St John (Ian) was playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.