Press conferences

I'm sure Vicky Kloss will have had a word in his ear, and explained what the press are like.

The likes of Mark Ogden, Ian Ladyman, Jamie Jackson, Ian Herbert and David McDonell don't even attempt to hide their allegiances, but ultimately they're like a bunch of sneering, bullying school kids.

Mancini was hung out to dry in his inaugural press conference (Henry Winter himself must, or at least should, wince at his treatment of Mancini that day), but Pellegrini won't tolerate it I suspect.

I like how Cooper (I think) started off abruptly, "Manuel first of all.."

And Pellers was like, "Good morning, first of all"

Ric said:
Not sure if this merited a new thread (or if it's been covered elsewhere), but just from the two pre-match press conferences so far there seems to be a noticeable shift in atmosphere.

Mancini seemed pretty open and friendly with the press, but it often felt like they were taking the piss out of him a bit and would try to snare him with their questioning. To be fair, he'd often respond exactly as they wanted and give them headlines.

Pellegrini seems much sterner, and carries a greater authority. He dismisses questions, and they don't get asked again (people like James Cooper, for instance, seem a bit less cocky). It probably makes for less interesting press conferences (anyone calling them "pressers" should be bludgeoned to death), but it feels like he's handling the media on his terms, which didn't always seem the case with Mancini. He comes across a little dour, but commands respect.

Maybe I'm reading too much into what is essentially a mundane Q&A...
Fucking well annoying that, I agree!

Yeah, I like how he says "I've already answered that question" when the same thing is asked twice or the same sort of question worded differently.

Ric said:
Not sure if this merited a new thread (or if it's been covered elsewhere), but just from the two pre-match press conferences so far there seems to be a noticeable shift in atmosphere.

Mancini seemed pretty open and friendly with the press, but it often felt like they were taking the piss out of him a bit and would try to snare him with their questioning. To be fair, he'd often respond exactly as they wanted and give them headlines.

Pellegrini seems much sterner, and carries a greater authority. He dismisses questions, and they don't get asked again (people like James Cooper, for instance, seem a bit less cocky). It probably makes for less interesting press conferences (anyone calling them "pressers" should be bludgeoned to death), but it feels like he's handling the media on his terms, which didn't always seem the case with Mancini. He comes across a little dour, but commands respect.

"Pressers"!!!! I know. Even the OS is at it. What's that about? Bludgeoning to death is actually too kind. Please Ric can you fix it so the perpetrator is boiled alive and their eyes pecked out by ravens.

Blue Haze said:
Agreed. He answers questions like he's under oath in a courtroom. I don't think he likes the press at all, even the City TV stuff.

Mourinho is the only manager who has struck me as one who relishes the weekly skirmishes with the press. As he can't kick a ball, take a throwing or appoint himself penalty taker on matchday, the press conference becomes his 'match day'! Most other managers seem to regard it as a nuisance part of the job but for which the TV companies et al have paid good money - a contractual nuisance!

Caveman said:
Ric said:

Fucking well annoying that, I agree!

Yeah, I like how he says "I've already answered that question" when the same thing is asked twice or the same sort of question worded differently.

Thought this was just me. The official website do it and it winds me up no end. it's as if a 13 year old is writing for them trying , yet failing, to be cool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.